Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Smart queries and a tip.

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

MadsL wrote:
    Just switched over to the triple-play SmartVision pack. Phone, BB and TV - 100 yoyos a month incl 25e worth of calls each month.

It rocks...

4.44 Mbps downstream (yep 4.44 rocksolid fuppin Mbps)
    3.55 Mbps up stream
    Ping to boards 14ms, jolt.co.uk 23-13ms, google.ie 42ms

Tech Guy told me that there is about 1Gb of bandwidth at the mo, happy days.
    Just got on this package today. I'd be getting roiughly the same speeds if I wasn't downloading :)
    Boards.ie ping is 17ms, google.ie is 47ms.

Out of curiosity then MadsL - are you a neighbour of mine in Smithfield Market?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 FitnessIreland

Am in Smithfield_market too, and ordered Smartvision last Wednesday, got it installed on Thursday, but only getting 4.22 d/l and 1.06 u/l ;-)

Happy days - ths is how Broadband should be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

tracert to boards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Tracing route to boards.ie [82.195.136.36]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <10 ms <10 ms <10 ms 192.168.1.1

2 16 ms 14 ms 13 ms 84-203-0-1.mysmart.ie [84.203.0.1]

3 17 ms 14 ms 13 ms 84.203.130.113

4 16 ms 14 ms 13 ms 84.203.130.94

5 26 ms 26 ms 26 ms 84.203.138.118

6 27 ms 29 ms 27 ms corerouter1.hosting365.ie [82.195.128.7]

7 27 ms 28 ms 26 ms boards.ie [82.195.136.36]

Trace complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

I got the email saying they are sending me out the form so i had a few queries and rang tech support and they said they'd send me out a form as i hadnt got mine yet. Still no form, in Cork on Quaker Road exchange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,020 ✭✭✭opus

I had a call from Smart on Fri evening to say that Quaker Road went live that morning. They spoke about 10 days so hopefully something will happen in the next week or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Engineer

Using Smart wireless broadband in Ballygarvan near Cork Airport.Its a community scheme funded by government. Presently only on free trial but I understand they will start charging for it shortly.
    Speed around 530kB/s downstream.
    Works well when it works.Goes out of service occasionally with no explanation.

Tech Support: non-existent.Rang Smart's contact number from their website and person did not even know there was a trial going on :)

A 'Rollout Manager' rang me back later and knew about it. But could NOT help with problem.

Niall Clyne of Waterland Technologies installs it as a sub-contractor for Smart.
    No contact from Smart ever.Clyne's installer comes to house, installs antenna, plugs usb lead into computer, installs software, checks signal and leaves :)

You get a user name and password for authentication.
    Connection drops from time to time.Removing the usb lead and plugging back in restores it - sometimes.

The only reason I'm using Smart is its the only service available .You could get Digiweb but price is too high.Smart expect to charge 35 euro per month.
    They were extremely slow to start installing.Waiting to see if there was demand.They have picked it up a bit now and connected a few people last week.

Would NOT recommend them if you have an alternative choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

when will douglas be enabled?

thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dubferg

I've now got a Smart router, my phone has switched over to the new Smart number, but I've no broadband!

I setup the router according to instructions, but the last step which involves pinging the Smart server just doesn't work. Is this normal? I asked the customer service and they said that I wasn't connected yet, but they seemed to think that my phone wasn't connected either!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

dubferg wrote:
    I've now got a Smart router, my phone has switched over to the new Smart number, but I've no broadband!

I setup the router according to instructions, but the last step which involves pinging the Smart server just doesn't work. Is this normal? I asked the customer service and they said that I wasn't connected yet, but they seemed to think that my phone wasn't connected either!!

Is the "Link" light on the front steady on or is it just blinking away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Any sign of Galway yet? Shantalla Exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 moli

hello folks!
    this is my first message, hope not the last :D i`m smart telecom broadband user and I cannot use p2p network to share files :cool: only legal files , you know :)
    maybe you also a smart telecom broadband users can help me how to set on broadband router connection setup webpage my connection to be able using p2p network ;) any info will be welcome. thanks for your time!

Advertisement