Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola v535

• 12-06-2005 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭

I'm thinking of gettin this fone wit speakeasy on O2. Does any body have it and if so is it good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

stev2604 wrote:
    I'm thinking of gettin this fone wit speakeasy on O2. Does any body have it and if so is it good?

Its very popular, but very common, overall a decent phone really if you are only looking for a basic functional one. Good camera, 640x480 resolution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I have it. Its good. I find it easy to upload stuff with a bluetooth dongle to it, as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭stev2604

Do the videos include sound and how long can they be? Does it have a sound recorder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

I have a motorola v535 and Im with O2 prepaid. I was wondering if anyone has been able to download realtones for that phone? All I seem to be able to get are bloody polyphonic ones. Or download anything in general for the handset. :confused:

Do the videos include sound and how long can they be? Does it have a sound recorder?

• Advertisement

I have a motorola v535 and Im with O2 prepaid. I was wondering if anyone has been able to download realtones for that phone? All I seem to be able to get are bloody polyphonic ones. Or download anything in general for the handset. :confused:

It plays mp3s, just look up Mp3 on google wap. It also plays AMR I believe, so give that a go as well...

Erm, the video's are alright, but not a major feature, really. I got it for the reception (which I find to be very good), as my old phone (with Meteor) kept breaking down, cutting off, etc (even when next to a phone mastrolleyes.gif), but I can still get good reception with this down the country.

Included is a video clip which I took. Its a Quicktime format, and you need to rename "20-03-05_1347.3gp.txt" to "20-03-05_1347.3gp" to view it.

I renamed it as you can't upload ".3gp" files as an attachment.

stev2604 wrote:

Yea, it does videos with sound. and does have a sound recorder.

if I go on google, I'll be going with a random real tone site, yea? i don't wanna end up registered to some random tone site that costs 4euro a pop, tho!

Yea, it does videos with sound. and does have a sound recorder.

if I go on google, I'll be going with a random real tone site, yea? i don't wanna end up registered to some random tone site that costs 4euro a pop, tho!

Look in the right places, they are free - dont pay a cent to those rip off bastard companies :cool:

Thats pretty bad quality even for 3gp format...and btw, while I catch you - will get your pad and cd in post tomorrow :cool:

• Advertisement

I have this phone too and its a nifty lil number, but be warned O2 have little or no support for the phone.
    If any settings need to be configured its basically a guessing game. I was on to O2 'help' (they clearly use the word loosely!) for over an hour just to sort out my phone so I could email from it and in the end the settings wouldn't work. And they had me turn my phone on and off 6 times in that time for all the good it did!

Plus, on these phones delievery reports are technically not supported, even tho the option is there to recieve them. If you do go ahead and click the option to recieve the reports your message may a) not send at all b) not send and not get a delivery report or send but the delivery report ends up blocking the system and you can't recieve text messages for a few hours.

When I queried the above with O2 'help' they said that technically no handset supports delivery reports, but most nokias will work anyway. Motorolas are just slightly more tempremental.

Bloody O2

But cool phone none the less :D

Thats pretty bad quality even for 3gp format
    Aye, but it was done in a garage, and due to to the volume, proberly only the 8-track picked it up nicely.

Also, take care of the front display thing (where it shows the time). Mine f*cked up (no scratch), and Motorola said it was due to the pressure of "my jeans pressing against it":rolleyes: which cost me €80 to get it fixed:mad:. So, when its in your pocket, ensure the little screen on the outside ain't facing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

As regards tones.....why not just make your own then upload via cable or bluetooth. This is what I do.

Plus, on these phones delievery reports are technically not supported, even tho the option is there to recieve them. If you do go ahead and click the option to recieve the reports your message may a) not send at all b) not send and not get a delivery report or send but the delivery report ends up blocking the system and you can't recieve text messages for a few hours.
    I have a V620 on O2 (technically the same phone) and also have delivery report issues. For example I could send a text, get a reply, then get the report afterwards - sometimes about 7-8 minutes after sending the text! But I don't think its the phone - I vaguely remember having that problem on a Nokia 3310 too.

Doesnt the v620 have a megapixel cam though?

Nope, that's the V635.

How long can videos be recorded for?

15 seconds if set to mms mode or as long as you dont run out of memory as far as I know, but to be fair they are terrible. I wouldn't bother if I were you.

Thanx :D

Is UI good? Does anyone have pics of the main menu?

• Advertisement

Here you go. This is the unbranded model - the O2 one is slightly different, I think the centre-bottom icon is different (O2 Active instead of IM).

Advertisement