Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRL: 1X05 - "White Rabbit" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

• 12-06-2005 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN "WHITE RABBIT" -

Episode Title: "White Rabbit"
    Airdate: June 13th 2005

Synopsis (from TVToMe):
    Jack is near delirious from lack of sleep and struggles to overcome the haunting events that brought him to Australia and, subsequently, to the island. Meanwhile, Boone gets caught in a treacherous riptide trying to save a woman who went out swimming. A pregnant Claire's health takes a bad turn from lack of fluids, and a thief may have stolen the last bottles of water.

Next New Episode: 1X06 - House of the Rising Sun - 20th June 2005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Spooky missing body of Jack's dad

Just before Jack found the
    stream
    I also was reminded of the "face your darkest fear" part of the jungle on Dagoba in The Empire Strikes Back - seemed like Jack was going through the same process as Luke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Best episode so far.
    The scene where Jack went all 'Office Space' on the coffin was beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

OFDM wrote:
    Spooky missing body of Jack's dad

im thinking it never made it onto it Airport girl didnt fall for charms etc:

But havent seen any more eps so could be wrong/ anyone who has seen more eps please dont tell me if i wrong or i find out where you live and hunt you down.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

KdjaC wrote:

But havent seen any more eps so could be wrong/ anyone who has seen more eps please dont tell me if i wrong or i find out where you live and hunt you down.

kdjac

but you saw the coffin...so I can only assume she did let it on! Thats not a spoiler btw,its from watching the ep again. :)

Yes this ep was very good,I dont remember half of the stuff,good to watch it again.

where is the poll basquille?? :D you usually do one to see what people think of an ep.

I can see it now:

Locke: "No Jack, I am your father..." :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

OFDM wrote:
    I can see it now:

Locke: "No Jack, I am your father..." :D

haha. i wouldnt put it beyond locke. im on episode 15. its a rollercoaseter-just keeps getting better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Great epsiode. Really have no clue whats going on that island, which is even better. The monster, Locke and jacks dad, so many queations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

besty wrote:
    haha. i wouldnt put it beyond locke. im on episode 15. its a rollercoaseter-just keeps getting better
    ditto....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Actually prefer this episode to last weeks (probably cos no one overhyped it this time :rolleyes:). It seems to be a key turning-point episode where they've all realised that they aren't gonna get rescued anytime soon and they need to pull together & start organising themselves. Jack's backstory was great - definitely turnig a fave character of mine.

Really starting to get into this now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I missed the first 15 minutes, who drowned?

Cool epsiode. Locke is my favourite character, followed by Sa'id (sp?). Jack is somewhere close to the bottom though, hasn't really stood out yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

I thought this was the best episode they've shown on RTE so far - loads of mystery and intrigue and the tension when Jack was running around the forest (both in the day and at night) was fantastic. I'm totally hooked at this point; every time an episode ends I'm desperate to see the next one! There aren't enough tv shows you can say that about nowadays.

Now if they'd only lose those stupid O2 ads.... :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

so the question is, is his dad alive now
    and if he is
    how come others have died?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

KdjaC wrote:

No spoilers below, just speculation:
    I reckon she did let it on, but the body that was in it has fallen out during the crash (those pesky coffin latches!), or someone else took it, or the dead guy is really ALIVE! Now that'd be spooky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

doh.ie wrote:
    No spoilers below, just speculation:
    I reckon she did let it on, but the body that was in it has fallen out during the crash (those pesky coffin latches!), or someone else took it, or the dead guy is really ALIVE! Now that'd be spooky.

I think your first one has to be the case. I'm not sure how keen I'd be on a supernatural influence entering the series. I guess because it would take away from the Lord of the Flies type study of the human persona that is being crossed with gilligans island so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

KdjaC wrote:
    I was thinking that myself, that it was just an empty coffin. It sounds entirely unplausable, but who knows?

I really enjoyed this episode. I had a feeling that Jacks Dad was leading Jack towards something, but I never guessed at how big it actually was.
    His coffin(?) and the gift of life itself (the stream).

uberwolf wrote:
    I think your first one has to be the case. I'm not sure how keen I'd be on a supernatural influence entering the series. I guess because it would take away from the Lord of the Flies type study of the human persona that is being crossed with gilligans island so far.

what are you on about? there is a supernatural influence in the series! have you not been watching? there is some kind of monster on the island,there is a polar bear in the jungle,the crippled Locke can now walk again because of the island....sounds very supernatural to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

ok i was watchin it last night and missed a bit after it came back from one of the breaks. I saw his mother telling him to go to Australia to get him but why was he there? Didn't see why!!!

colin300 wrote:
    ok i was watchin it last night and missed a bit after it came back from one of the breaks. I saw his mother telling him to go to Australia to get him but why was he there? Didn't see why!!!

It didnt tell us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jman0

I don't think they answered Who Stole the Water question either.
    Because in the scene that had the lifeguard fella getting blamed, he said that Jack snuck up outa the jungle and left those bottles of water at the pregnant girl's side. And sure enough, Jack steps into the scene just then.
    After Jack reveals the good news about a water source, we see the junkie reaching into that box/cooler for water and sharing it around and everybody is in good form. But i don't think the Junkie took it originally because wasn't he the one to pounce on the Lifeguard and blame him anyway?

jman0 wrote:
    I don't think they answered Who Stole the Water question either.
    Because in the scene that had the lifeguard fella getting blamed, he said that Jack snuck up outa the jungle and left those bottles of water at the pregnant girl's side. And sure enough, Jack steps into the scene just then.
    After Jack reveals the good news about a water source, we see the junkie reaching into that box/cooler for water and sharing it around and everybody is in good form. But i don't think the Junkie took it originally because wasn't he the one to pounce on the Lifeguard and blame him anyway?

Nah, Boone (the ligeguard) definitely did it. There's a line just before the commotion on the beach to the effect that he was taking responsibility for it, cos it would never have lasted otherwise. So his justification was that he was trying to ration it, or something like that.

Sawyer also later asks how it feels to be the most hated person on the island (it was previously Sawyer himself.)

The new water supply Charlie (the junkie) was seen handing out is from that which Jack found in the caves.

• Advertisement

tvnutz wrote:
    It didnt tell us.

Not sure what you're saying we didn't get info-wise here... Jack went to Australia at his mother's request. We saw him search for someone and later identify his father's body. Later again he tried to get it on the flight back to LA. So he was there to find his father, but unfortunately was too late.

It didn't tell us why *his father* went to Oz (not at this point anyway), but it did tell us why Jack went.

uberwolf wrote:

I agree - I'm not sure I'd been 100% keen on supernatural explanations either. The producers have said several times that "everything that happens on the island can be explained in the real world." Whether they'll revise that remains to be seen. To be honest, as unsure as I am of having a supernatural explanation for everything, I'm am sure that a 'real world' may prove very disappointing.

They do keep up the Lord of the Flies type inter-personal conflicts all season, with some lighter Gilligan's-type comedic moments dropped in. The main focus, though, is on the characters and the nature of the island.

As for the supernatural, everything may look supernatural for now, but based on the producers' interviews may not turn up to be ultimately.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lochaber

colin300 wrote:

ditto, were you watching the Michael Jackson verdict too!? sounds like we didn't miss too much though...

doh.ie wrote:
    Not sure what you're saying we didn't get info-wise here... Jack went to Australia at his mother's request. We saw him search for someone and later identify his father's body. Later again he tried to get it on the flight back to LA. So he was there to find his father, but unfortunately was too late.

It didn't tell us why *his father* went to Oz (not at this point anyway), but it did tell us why Jack went.

it was obvious his mother asked him to go...the guy was asking why...it didnt tell us what jack did to his father,as mentioned by the mother.

Lochaber wrote:
    ditto, were you watching the Michael Jackson verdict too!? sounds like we didn't miss too much though...

Apparently, quit a few programmes' ratings were affected by this... ;)

Big Brother over on Channel 4 suffered quite a dip as the verdict came in as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

ye i flicked over to Sky News then flicked back and missed it but obviously missed nothing major.

Why was Jack's father in Australia? That's the big question...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I think he was in Oz to get pi$$ed. Looks like he'd lost the plot completely and just took a flight - maybe to go walkabout like Locke. Actually - there's a thought - is it possible Locke met him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

is it possible Locke met him?

I dont think so. His father was in Sydney and Locke was getting ready to go to the outback from a more rural area - I think.

• Advertisement

Maybe the "monster" is Jack's father - something about the island brought him back to life and gave him the ability to become 40ft tall and make strange noises. :eek:

Advertisement