Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harry Kewell on Footballers Cribs

• 12-06-2005 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

ANyone see this at 9.30 this evening on MTV ? His timing ain't great. First the court case and then he shows off his millionaires gaff and 4 foff motors on cribs. Is his missus an actress ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

yeah, she used to be in emmerdale.

Maybe this will help his stupid case get thrown out of court.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Judas! I hope the judge throws him out on his greedy arse because everything Lineker said about him is true. He knew what sort of shape Leeds were in at the time and yet him and that b*st*rd of an agent of his stitched up the club that gave him the break which meant he could later go elsewhere and make huge money. It's not as if his salary at Leeds was insignificant to start with.

I can understand why the admin are so hard on personal abuse and strict about liable laws on boards. I reckon I'd be in court for years if Kewell could read what I thought about him. I have no problem with the way th emove was done tbh, clubs are ruthless whenever possible so I have no sympathy for them, but hes not worth a 1/10th of whatever ridiculous salary he collects every week without a bit of concience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

Although i can understand some of the stick which has been thrown at Harry lately i think some is going to far and not befitting to a club where we like to pride ourselves on having the greatest fans in the world.

Booing him coming off injured in Istanbul??? Whats that all about. Its the biggest game of his life he's obviously not just goin off cos he's not arsed playin. It's common knowledge that he's had a torrid time with injuries and although i can understand some supporters frustration its times like this that a player needs support not abuse.......

Await torrent of abuse for stickin up for Harry Kewell............

He hasnt shown even so much of as a flash of his Leeds form. He has'nt always been injured. At this stage the blame has to lie at his door.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

ianomccabe wrote:
    Although i can understand some of the stick which has been thrown at Harry lately i think some is going to far and not befitting to a club where we like to pride ourselves on having the greatest fans in the world.

Booing him coming off injured in Istanbul??? Whats that all about. Its the biggest game of his life he's obviously not just goin off cos he's not arsed playin. It's common knowledge that he's had a torrid time with injuries and although i can understand some supporters frustration its times like this that a player needs support not abuse.......

Await torrent of abuse for stickin up for Harry Kewell............

Best I heard was Colin Murray on Radio 1 saying he was worried that Harry was going to sue him when he booed him at the CL final when he made out he was injuryed because he was playing s**t like he has done for Liverpool cine he signed.....

Well made me laugh anyway

He is a joke!!!! end of story!! and then to try and sue someone like Gary Lineker who is a legend in England is taking the pi**.....wat will happen next season when he turns out for Liverpool/which every club will take him(not many) he will get some abuse from the fans......he hasnt a clue how to get the right publicity.....I think at this stage a move to Belgium is the only option!! or actually kazakstan(sp) giving loads of money to football players that arnt up to it anymore?

Stekelly wrote:
    He has'nt always been injured. At this stage the blame has to lie at his door.
    i know what u mean ste, he hasn't always been out injured but 90% of the time Harry hasn't been at 100% and i know that for a fact (lot of percentages in that point)

I agree that the sueing people and that is taking the pi$$ alright.

Big Nelly do u think that Harry Kewell went off injured in the CL final because he was playing **** and he feined injury???

People have been on Harry's back for so long its just getting a bit tiring now. He's well liked in around Melwood by his fellow professionals and i'd like to see what he could do if some of the fans started giving him the same support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I do actually think its worth giving him one more season to try and prove his worth post operation. If for nothing else because we'd get fúck all for him! I dont think he feigned injury in Champions League final, he did actually do serious damage, its was just very very bad timing. I am quite dubious about the Carling Cup final however. called to be taken off limping around, then went chasing after a ball at full speed, grand, then went off. Then few weeks later when kewell was still claiming to be injured and wouldn't report for leverkusen rafa couldn't find anything to say he was injured and expressed his frustration at him.. Just seems to have a very bad attitude about it all. Would like to see them sit him down and have a good talk about his lack of performance and get him trying to repay his wages and faith from the club (giving him the chance to play in a champions league final that really wasn't deserved) with proper Leeds Harry Kewell performances next season.
    We cant forget that at his best, he is a class player.
    Pity he's a bit dim (sueing gary lineker?! sigh)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Slightly silly case to bring to the courts but im sure he was advised.
    Kewell was playing well in the CL final until he went off.
    He had been flying in training and really up for it,why else would rafa have played him in such a huge game?
    I agree with the above,its getting really tired now ffs,you would think he was the only player not to have lived up to his talents.
    Constantly on this board the abuse thrown at this direction is just silly.
    Someone called kewell a Judas above,get a life man ,how the hell is he a judas tell me?
    Ive been kewells biggest critic since he joined Pool but to stoop as low as to call the guy names and be so abusive is frankly pathetic and pure ignorance.
    If hes not doing the goods on the pitch then say so but why the abuse an childish namecalling?
    Does it make you guys feel like hard men or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

damn, i forgot to watch this, Harry Kewell was on it? Crap, I had a bet with a mate about the players who would appear on this. And I lost. I cant divulge the manner of the bet cos it could be construed as Rascist.

However, I think Kewell gets undue stick at times, hes a great player when hes up for it, but I get the impression he is a bit of a big time charlie at times. Be great for Liverpool if he got back to his best.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭alfie

The reason he went off in the cl final was because the tendon in his groin snapped ffs.Now i've never snapped a tendon but i can assure you there is no chance he would have been able to play on with an injury like that.He came off because he was playing ****?I think not.
    Does no one remember his 1st season with liverpool?He was one of our best players and scored over ten goals from midfield, he should be given a chance to get back fully fit and we will see the real harry kewell.More importantly it seems benitez rates kewell very highly and will give him his chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Kewell has the ability there is no doubt. But bar his first six months at Liverpool he has been shockingly poor.

His attitude is just not right. Going on this show just proves that. He loves the glamour lifestyle that football brings.

He really needs to take a long look at himself if he wants to put on a Liverpool shirt again. He needs to set himself straight, and work his nuts off to make sure he is 100% fit for next year.

A comparison I would make it between himself and Cisse. Some claimed that Cisse would never play again yet alone play before the end of the season. But it just shows what the right attitude can do when you are injured. Cisse was constantly saying that he would be back before the end, no one believed him, but his effort and commitment to his rehabilitation allowed him. If only Kewell had the same attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭DamoRed

I didn't see it, but the guy hasn't a clue! He's been crap for the last year and here he is rubbing fan's noses in it when he's done bugger all, to deserve all that he was showing off.

He's had injuries, as has been said, but other Liverpool players have had injuries too and have busted a gut to keep playing. Not him!

Damo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Nice Gaf all the same ... but that Nancy DellOptiplex is a crap presenter .. her eyes kept goin side to side as she tried to read the autoqueue .. go back to the day job of keepin an eye on Sven ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Zakrze wrote:
    ANyone see this at 9.30 this evening on MTV ? His timing ain't great. First the court case and then he shows off his millionaires gaff and 4 foff motors on cribs. Is his missus an actress ?

Is his wife now a footballer or something , because I can't see any reason why he'd be on that programme .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

Is his wife now a footballer or something , because I can't see any reason why he'd be on that programme .

:D:D:D

I thought he was a great player at Leeds and was thrilled when he signed for 'pool. He had a few signs of class but I too cant understand why he was booeed. I do think that Liverpool fans let themselves down in that regard. Obviously Benitez believes in him or he wouldn't have had him on for the Final unless of course THERE was no one else. I do think that he should be given another season. The court case is ridiculous. Kewell v Linekar = no contest. This is where he will do his career the real damage. It is one thing to want to clear your name(I dont recall the incident actually) but taking on Linekar, MOD, Hansen, Lawrenson etc, he will continue to get ripped apart in the press unless he is truly brilliant.

My original point was, oh no Harry, you could do without rubbing the fans noses in it by doing Cribs. Yeah most footballers are overpaid and his wife seemed to be a money grabber. Bet she is behind court case with agent.

Di Matteo seemed a nice bloke. Were they the only 2 as I miseed the 1st 10 minutes.

Yeah Nancy was dreadful at reading the autocue ~ nice legs though !

Future cribs here.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

What happened at the time of his transfer Zakrze, is that he had a year left to run on his contract at Leeds. Leeds were in the process of starting to offload their most expensive players to avoid going into administration and he told the club that he wanted to go to Liverpool, despite the fact that Leeds had received higher bids that Liverpool's for him. He told Leeds that he'd sit out the last year of his contract and leave on a Bosman the following year if he wasn't permitted to join Liverpool. Obviously the club needed to save his wages and get some money for him so they had no choice. However, he also insisted that Leeds pay him a "loyalty bonus" that he was owed, as well as his agent's fees. So of the £5m Liverpool paid, Kewell got £1m, his agent Bernie Mandic got £2m and Leeds only got £2m, hence the deep hatred Leeds fans now have of a player we once idolised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I always thought he was over rated tbh. A spectacular goal every month or so would cover up that he hadn't actually done much else, he was never one who set up many goals or got down the byline and put in crosses, he just got stunning goals. Now he can't even do that at Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Like most players of his sort if they can be afforded they can be devastating in any team, making them work and they disappear.

The old saying take a superstar out of a team of nobodies and put them in a team of superstars and watch them disappear.

His best position is a free role on the left side with no defending to do kinda like a 3rd striker or wing forward.

No way in hell he gonna do that at Pool under either managers there teams are meant to work, at Leeds he had Bakke/other savage midfielder and Harte to defend for him so could be afforded to go forward.

Shame was in Elland road few times fans loved that guy, him and Smith couldnt even walk down the street in that town now.

kdjac

• Advertisement

To be honest I think the current Liverpool formation (4-5-1) would suit Kewell perfectly.

It would give him that freedom that he thrives in so well. Obviously Benetiz would require him to do some defending, but there would be far less defensive work required from him than in a rigid 4-4-2.

But first and foremost he needs to sort himself out, fitness and attitude-wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

To be honest I think the current Liverpool formation (4-5-1) would suit Kewell perfectly.

With Risse behind him and possibly support from a mid maybe, he doesnt go backwards very well but tbh Risse does a far better job so they dont really need him and if Aimar is going to be the one behind the front man :eek: bye bye Kewell.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    With Risse behind him and possibly support from a mid maybe, he doesnt go backwards very well but tbh Risse does a far better job so they dont really need him and if Aimar is going to be the one behind the front man :eek: bye bye Kewell.
    I wouldnt want to see Kewell replace Riise who I thought has developed a load this year and will do so again next year.

He really needs to up it a gear if he wants to get a place in the side TBH.

ianomccabe wrote:
    Big Nelly do u think that Harry Kewell went off injured in the CL final because he was playing **** and he feined injury???

Did you read what I wrote? it was Colin Murray who said that.....he was at the game in the stand and he was saying everyone thought the same.....Liverpool supporters all of them.......so take it up with them...... :D

My opinion of Kewell is the same as everyone here....I think he is money hungry......like alot of players in PL.......remember Ziege(sp)....he is another one of them.......wat he done to Leeds was terrible and alot of what Lineker said is true.......Leeds should be sueing him not him sueing Lineker.......he has a cracking wife thou!!

Big Nelly wrote:
    Did you read what I wrote? it was Colin Murray who said that.....he was at the game in the stand and he was saying everyone thought the same.....Liverpool supporters all of them.......so take it up with them...... :D

Didn't see a direct quote plus i didn't think Colin Murray would use the word **** live on air so apologies on my behalf.
    I was at the game in the stand and i didnt think the same so thats wrong for a start. Everyone around me was the same, it was actually the minority who booed Harry when he was goin off so for you to say
    Big Nelly wrote:
    Liverpool supporters all of them
    is 100% wrong

ianomccabe wrote:
    is 100% wrong

wasnt the Madrid fans booing him......not sure why you are sticking up for him as a Liverpool supporter! he has done nothing for 2 years except play poorly and get paided a fortune......wasnt even that good the last season he played for Leeds.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Big Nelly wrote:
    not sure why you are sticking up for him as a Liverpool supporter! he has done nothing for 2 years except play poorly and get paided a fortune......wasnt even that good the last season he played for Leeds.....

i would like to think liverpool supporters would stick up for all their players, even during a bad time. Any liverpool "fan" who booed is a disgrace.

Always defended kewell and been a fan. He has still shown how good he can be. Against olympiakos he was excellent. The crowd at anfield dont help, everytime he makes a mistakes you can hear the murmurs of the crowd givin him stick.

No wonder the chap doesnt want to play if he is getting stick off his own "supporters".

Big Nelly wrote:
    wasnt the Madrid fans booing him......not sure why you are sticking up for him as a Liverpool supporter! he has done nothing for 2 years except play poorly and get paided a fortune......wasnt even that good the last season he played for Leeds.....

from what i seen in istanbul there wasnt too many madrid fans surprisingly enough! Few Milan tho alright......

THe point im making is that your trying to say that all liverpool fans booed and im sayin that this is definitely not the case. The section i was in gave Harry a clap going off like the true supporters do for any player going on or off. For a club that prides itself on great support and sticking by the team in times of trouble im surprised at the stick that Harry has taken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

saw that program last night .... have to say it wasn't good timing for Kewell. If he'd been playing as good for Liverpool as he did for Leeds and was lighting up the place, people wouldn't have looked as negatively at it. But he didn't come across great and looked at times very pompous & obnoxious. The bit where he opened the garage to show off his 911 was bucket material. :o And when the camera looped him a few times, I'd say 99% of people wanted to just give him a good kicking. Wifey did him no favours either. :rolleyes:

Not one mention of Liverpool or Leeds in the whole section, whereas DiMatteo had pictures of him on his signing date with Chelsea and constantly brought it up about his football. Kewell on the other hand was too pre-occupied showing off how many big screen TV's he had. OK, its a program about his house, but I feel he rubbed a lot of peoples noses up the wrong way.

I like the Mustang though... :p

• Advertisement

ianomccabe wrote:
    from what i seen in istanbul there wasnt too many madrid fans surprisingly enough! Few Milan tho alright......

THe point im making is that your trying to say that all liverpool fans booed and im sayin that this is definitely not the case. The section i was in gave Harry a clap going off like the true supporters do for any player going on or off. For a club that prides itself on great support and sticking by the team in times of trouble im surprised at the stick that Harry has taken

Sorry bit of a typo....meant Milan......

Advertisement