Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sonata Arctica

• 13-06-2005 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else a fan here?
    And if you are, are you going to Thirteenth Day next month?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yes, amazing band altogether, was just listening to them.

What's Thirteenth Day?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

http://www.thirteenthday.co.uk/13d/lineup.php

Yes, Sonata Arctica are brilliant.

Thirteenth Day would be a good enough gig, though I won't be attending :(

Wacken Festival would be a great gig to attend, sadly I won't be there either. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Finntroll and Sonata Arctica, wow!!!

Damn my being 17 and my lack of money cos id be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I like sonata arctica, good band. They're releasing a DVD soon apparently.

byte

Oooh, a Sonata DVD would rawk! Hopefully Play.com will stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

18stg for the tickets very good price and with cheap flights to birmingham its a good possibility to head to.

byte

Mmmm, and Finntroll too \m/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Just started into Sonata Arctica there a few days ago, good stuff so far. Recommend the best albums?

Silence is the best... then reckoning night, then winter hearts guild, then ecliptica... all good stuff IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

robbie1876 wrote:
    Just started into Sonata Arctica there a few days ago, good stuff so far. Recommend the best albums?
    Ecliptica and Winterheart's Guild. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Winterhearts gold is one absolutely unreal.
    cant go very far wrong with any of there stuff but you might wanna start with the very best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Listening to Winterhearts at the moment, stunning album, but I'd actually recommend Silence over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Hmmm, seriously contemplating going to 13th Day. Flights are €60 flying that morning, returning the following morning. Does anyone know how far Birmingham (going with Ryanair) Airport is from the venue? There's loads of info on the site for getting there, but no mention of By Air..

When we headed back from bloodstock last year we went from birmingham on the return flight. The venue is near the main bus atation which in turn is about 20 minutes from the airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Goodstuff, I'll see what money is like after Graspop. Although I might just leave it & go to Bloodstock - way more bands..

Indeed but doesnt have finntroll or norther!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Thanks for introducing me to their music - it's absolutely brilliant. I can't stop listening to Ain't your fairytale. Very different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

I've downloaded most of the songs from Silence, Ecliptica, and Winterheart's...I absolutely love all of that stuff.....Then I bought Reckoning Night and I thought it was awful, one of the worst albums I've ever heard!
    Was anyone else disappointed with Reckoning Night?

I've downloaded most of the songs from Silence, Ecliptica, and Winterheart's...I absolutely love all of that stuff.....Then I bought Reckoning Night and I thought it was awful, one of the worst albums I've ever heard!
    Was anyone else disappointed with Reckoning Night?
    no, i'd say its thier second best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

i got into them after they supported nightwish a few years ago, and they are fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

I heard the new album last night and I think it's their best in a while.

I know most fans hate the new direction they've been taking with the last few albums. Although I was a huge fan of Unia they did kind of lose me with the last two - this one still experiments but it has actually good melodies and less **** acting around.

Not straightforward speedy power metal but personally I'm very okay with that at this point and Tony sounds amazing as ever. Anyone else heard it?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Haven't listened to these guys in ages! I quite liked Unia funnily enough, but the Days of Greys was pretty uneventful. Never got round to listening to the last album, should give it a spin at some point.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Haven't listened to these guys in ages! I quite liked Unia funnily enough, but the Days of Greys was pretty uneventful. Never got round to listening to the last album, should give it a spin at some point.

Aye, same. Gave the last album a miss too but will check out the latest for sure and see where the band are at.

Advertisement