Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charlotte Church calls Bush 'a right weirdo'....

• 13-06-2005 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Welsh singer CHARLOTTE CHURCH has slammed American President GEORGE W BUSH as a "proper weirdo" after he mistook Wales for a town.

Church, who is re-launching herself as a pop star with upcoming new album TISSUES AND ISSUES, was astonished at the political leader's lack of geographical knowledge.

The 19-year-old says, "George Bush hasn't got a clue what he's doing. He asked me what state Wales was in. I said, 'It's its own country next to England Mr Bush.'

"If he doesn't know the rest of the countries in Europe, he could at least know what's in his own country.

"I'm really worried about it. He's a right weirdo."

So much wrong with the above report... where to start.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i thought you meant like the pope or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

Ooops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

As much as I think bush is an idiot... who cares?- it's just Wales. :rolleyes:
    This is great though -> http://www.ebaumsworld.com/bush-bs.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

She speaks as if its something new

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ah good stuff and good edit there irritate.
    yes it is a very wrong statement...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ha, stupid Bush. Who the hell doesnt know that wales is the capital of Scotland.

lord hes stupid as ****!

ah good stuff and good edit there irritate.
    yes it is a very wrong statement...

It woulda been very amusing, though if the Catholic Church had called George Bush a right weirdo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

what was she doing talking to him anyway?

yea i was really looking forward to it!
    and something like church condemns bush and he reforms :)

• Advertisement

Healio wrote:
    what was she doing talking to him anyway?
    cant smoke in the white house bedrooms so what would she do after teh sex!

It woulda been very amusing, though if the Catholic Church had called George Bush a right weirdo

I don't think they are in a position to call anyone anything.

Stekelly wrote:
    I don't think they are in a position to call anyone anything.

True. Hes still thick as ****, tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

with upcoming new album TISSUES AND ISSUES...

>_<

Bush has the Thrills on his iPod; how much more stupid can you get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

bush and his stupid crap answers, you could even hear the crowd laughing at him, a 12 yr old is smarter than him

Poor George, if he doesn't have his dad around to tell him what to say it all just goes a bit pear shaped!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

So much wrong with the above report... where to start.

Obviously with the fact that Wales is a principality, not a country.

the fact that the president of america is unaware of wales existance is nothing short of baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Wertz wrote:
    >_<

Bush has the Thrills on his iPod; how much more stupid can you get?

Wow its a wonder he can use an iPod, hes so stupid and as for bush having the Thrills on his ipod, the thrills should be ashamed.

Touche

the fact that the president of america is unaware of wales existance is nothing short of baffling.

I guarentee that there are other world leaders who dont know where wales is or that it exists, and even more who dont care (probably including Tony Blair)

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote:
    Touche

I guarentee that there are other world leaders who dont know where wales is or that it exists, and even more who dont care (probably including Tony Blair)

True enough, im sure there are many world leaders who aren't sure what the story with Ireland is.

but, in fairness, she was going to the white house to get some kinda award off him! You would imagine his people would have just mentioned it at least in passing. And apparently there 3 other over achievers getting awards with her. So not that bloody many, not to hard to remember!

True enough, im sure there are many world leaders who aren't sure what the story with Ireland is.

but, in fairness, she was going to the white house to get some kinda award off him! You would imagine his people would have just mentioned it at least in passing. And apparently there 3 other over achievers getting awards with her. So not that bloody many, not to hard to remember!

Good job Bill wasnt still there, he probably would have thought she was the "entertainment" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

It's easy to miss Wales... all tucked away down there...

Plus Welsh people are mental! All mad as hatters. Went out with a welsh goth for 2 years! lol I never particularly liked goths, but they were all mad mad mad! And all of wales is made up for small villages. West of Ireland style villages. Where most of em just drink most of the time! Great craic tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

ah bush, he's as thick as two short planks!!! how did he ever get re-elected?? shouldnt have even been elected in the first place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

"If he doesn't know the rest of the countries in Europe, he could at least know what's in his own country.

does she think George Bush is from Britain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    does she think George Bush is from Britain?
    I think what she meant is that if he asked "What State is that in?", then he thought Wales was somewhere in the US.

Which makes it double the idiocy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

ah i see. tis all making sense now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Of course there are towns in the US called Wales. There's one in Maine at least. And everyone knows small American towns are more important than foreign countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,729 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Yeah, and Charlotte Church is real clever, isn't she?????

Advertisement