Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SDS Lost Parcel

Options
  • 13-06-2005 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Was getting some clothes shipped from an online retailer in the states. Paid using my credit card. Opted for Global Express Shipping by the United States Postal Service who use SDS as their Irish Partner. I have already been charged on my credit card for the items.

Entered the tracking code on friday and it said it was sent out for delivery in Clondalkin on Friday... odd since I don't live there.

Rang them this morning and they said that they had delivered it to an address in Clondalkin on Friday. They won't have the signature until 4.30 this evening.

But assuming SDS delivered it to the wrong address who is liable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Akula

Ok well I've done some chasing myself and found out that they delivered it in the newcastle area and it was signed for by a woman I've never heard of....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

You will have to get on to the retailer in the states and they can query it with the US postal service as the contract is between the postal service and the person who sent the parcel.
    USPS will then get on to An Post so expect a delay of about a month at least before your hear anything, however some retailers will send out a replacement package in good faith.

You can also contact your Credit card company 30 days after you paid for the goods and tell them you haven't recieved the items and they can start a charge back procedure.

Out of interest which retailer did you use as I've been looking at a few Us sites myself with a few to getting some cheap threads.

TBH I don't know off hand. Its actually my gf that ordered the stuff. I'm taking care of chasing it down for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do you trust them? Do you have the correct tracking number?
    Akula wrote:
    Entered the tracking code on friday and it said it was sent out for delivery in Clondalkin on Friday... odd since I don't live there.
    The SDS office is in Clondalkin.
    You can also contact your Credit card company 30 days after you paid for the goods and tell them you haven't recieved the items and they can start a charge back procedure.
    No, do this now, don't wait.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Victor wrote:
    No, do this now, don't wait.

AFAIK u have to wait the 30 days before claiming.

Sounds to me like the retailer sent either the wong tracking number or miss addressed the parcel.

• Advertisement

Well I got my package after a long saga. I had to go myself to Kilbarrick depot to pick it up as they wouldn't deliver it. I'm far from impressed by SDS. Every different office in An Post just blamed another one. Nobody seemed to want to take accountability.

Anyway in the end I figured out what happened. Whenever a package comes in from abroad in addition to its foreign tracking number its given an irish one. In my case they mixed up the irish tracking numbers for myself and another woman... so essentially we were tracking each others parcels. Far from professional.

Thanks for the advice guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

The SDS tracker is a joke.
    It told me my registered parcel (posted Blanchardstown on Wednesday) was sent out for delivery on Thursday, except of course it wasn't, nor was it on Friday.

I rang late yesterday to be told it is still sitting in the delivery office. I'll be lucky if I get it Monday.

From An Post's site (re registered post):
    "Your important item or package not only receives priority handling"

Bloody joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

even if u claim through sds they take ages and i mean ages to refund money. i didnot even get refunded after 1 full year od calling them up.

anyway sometimes gls take control of usa packages when they arrive into ireland. so maybe it might be gls that has ur package.

but good luck in getting ur package

Advertisement