Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well, what do we think of it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

choppers in that small single player map? map doesn't stretch far enough to get to airbase...

Read more posts :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It was hard to kill at the start too but some finer aiming adjustments seems to have sorted that out and the kills are still hard but i am sure the enemy have flak protection.. and a single head shot will kill.

Hmmm i have burst fired straight into peoples faces at close without them dying, other times they will die straight away. I don't know tbh. 3 shot burst at close range should hit the target. Must test the damage system on lan. The ak is unreal. Much better gun than the m16 imo. The medics are pretty cool now too, it's actually fun to be a medic, healing people or reviving them when they go down. It has a lot more sense of authenticity than most war games. Getting deafened by nearby firing tanks and stunned by explosions is cool too. First multiplayer fps i've really really enjoyed since cs.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

go to bed;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

This is what it looks like for me on a ati mobility 9600 128mb. Its playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

having to do a bit of fiddleing to get it to run smoothly but still loving it.

How do you operate the artilary btw? Or can you in the single player demo?

Havent noticed the bullet drop with the sniper rifle although I have noticed that you dont have to aim as far to the side of an enemy running to the side.
    Must be quicker bullets :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

petes wrote:
    This is what it looks like for me on a ati mobility 9600 128mb. Its playable.

I can play it on my laptop:

mobility 9000 64 meg
    512mb RAM
    1.7 ghz Centrino
    Lowest settings
    800x600

Had to get the hacked (Omega) drivers to get it to work at all though, was just crashing out on the stock ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

How do you operate the artilary btw? Or can you in the single player demo?

If you hit caps lock and choose to be commander, then you can select it. Its very cool . . . :D

Rew wrote:
    I can play it on my laptop:

mobility 9000 64 meg
    512mb RAM
    1.7 ghz Centrino
    Lowest settings
    800x600

Had to get the hacked (Omega) drivers to get it to work at all though, was just crashing out on the stock ones.

yep running the same drivers. Same as above with the 9600 and a gig of ram. Home machine as a ti4600 so thats a big no no.

petes wrote:
    yep running the same drivers. Same as above with the 9600 and a gig of ram. Home machine as a ti4600 so thats a big no no.
    Not the prettiest game with those settings but still more then playable.

No but playable it is. However getting an odd problem with controls. Its like the keys cant keep up with what im doing. I can let go of the keyboard and its still doing things from about 7 seconds agao. Odd. Reinstall methinks.

• Advertisement

My laptop has been hanging randomly since i got the Omega drives... :(

Reinstalled battlefield 2. Will see how it gets on over lunch time.

hey Rew, what kinda hangs??? does it just crash and freeze in- game, or are you crashing out entirely...and what kinda lappy you got??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Played it last nite for a while.....tanks seemed to be kicking my ass most of the time.....apart from that was good....like the iron sight.......nailed a few people using that.......more practise needed me thinks....map in top cornor wasnt the best....couldnt get to flag using it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

The Ironsights are fantastic. A lot better then the old "zoomed" you used to get in BF42 and BFV. They implemented them quite well into the game I feel.

hairball wrote:
    hey Rew, what kinda hangs??? does it just crash and freeze in- game, or are you crashing out entirely...and what kinda lappy you got??

Not in game, its freezing while on the desktop and doing nothing. Im assuming itd the nw drives as its never locked up before now. Its blue screed about 4 times in 2 years alright. Its an Acer Travelmate 800. Needs a reinstall (of the OS) TBH but no time to do that atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Well, after a lot of hours I feel like I have a good understanding of most aspects of the game, so I will give an updated opinion. Thankfully , the more I learn about the game, the more I love it!

Being a commander is actually a lot of fun, and can be a MASSIVE advantage if your squads coordinate with you.
    Squads, absolute genius. Nothing else I can say really lol.
    Snipers, actually much easier than I though. MEC snipers take ~3 shots per kill or 1 in the head (need to be good for that though! or close!). US sniper is a much tougher brute, but it obviously has the reload factor. Not actually all that hard to snipe, not as bad as I thought at first anyway.

I think engineers are quite boring and are only really needed when Arty goes down. One in a squad is nice too, but repairs can be done with supply drops for the most part (considering you have sensible squads and commander)

Brilliant game, can wait for the retail version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I think engineers are quite boring and are only really needed when Arty goes down. One in a squad is nice too, but repairs can be done with supply drops for the most part (considering you have sensible squads and commander)

Explain to the criminally stupid please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

jonski wrote:
    Explain to the criminally stupid please ?
    Arty = Artillary.

=-=

Got a few kills with the (engineer) shotgun, tbh. Lie down, zoom & shoot. Also, throw a few mines around.

Yeah, by Arty I mean artillary, sorry.

Yeah, the shotgun can be nice but I just find the other kits much more useful. Don't like AT or Engineer really. I do pick them from time to time though. If I am a commander I will useually pick an Engineer so I can run Artillary repairs myself cause usually your team won't do it (mainly because none of them are engineers)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

the_syco wrote:
    Arty = Artillary.

I think I come accross a smidgen dumber than I actually am ," but repairs can be done with supply drops for the most part" , it was that part I didn't understand .

The commander can drop down supply crates which repair everything nearby (also heals troops) and rearms everyone.

{EDIT} Yep, definitly used to the sniping :D. Have topped servers even when I was just sniping the whole time. Definitly a lot easy that I first thought. Using either rifles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Revalco

Great demo cant wait for the real game, jus hope my cpu can hold on long enough
    been playing it since friday evening till now, had to stop cus my eyes are killing me.

Only bad thing is the american music when you win the round, other than that every thing is brillant

methinks I smell a smidgeon of humour from dice with that american music bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Revalco

Its evil, every 10mins, and then you start singing along lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

i can not stand to be on the non-american team

the radio chatter is sooo irritating, it sounds like something i would expect a drunk caveman to blabber :confused:

if anyone knows how to mute it id appreciate it, ive tried the options menus and even deleting the .ogg files from the battlefield folder but the game crashes :cool:

maybe im weird but i hate the sound of those middle east languages... and french oh how i hate french, i always have to mute everyone on french counter strike servers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

If you go into your sound options I believe you can change it to give you only english dialogue insted of the MEC voices.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

{EDIT} Yep, definitly used to the sniping biggrin.gif. Have topped servers even when I was just sniping the whole time. Definitly a lot easy that I first thought. Using either rifles.
    Sniper rifle from the crane is fun, but the Special Ops gun gets my vote, as you can kill with 2 or 3 bullets at a distance, but its also good up close. Havn't played the other side yet, except when I nick one their planes, and put a mine in front of the othercool.gif
    bounty wrote:
    i can not stand to be on the non-american team

the radio chatter is sooo irritating, it sounds like something i would expect a drunk caveman to blabber confused.gif
    Hehe. In Desert Combat, everyone hated the American drawl on the Iraqi team. When they put Iraqi voice files for the Iraqi team (and thus not able to understand them), everyone lost out.

=-=

/edit

There's a "English VO Only" option. See the picture.
    englishvoonly1vf.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

The commander can drop down supply crates which repair everything nearby (also heals troops) and rearms everyone.

{EDIT} Yep, definitly used to the sniping :D. Have topped servers even when I was just sniping the whole time. Definitly a lot easy that I first thought. Using either rifles.

lol as i found to my detrement today. Nice shootin i must say!

• Advertisement

Ah, hey fightin' Irish. Shouldn't be hiding up on that roof, tut tut, trying to kill my buddies! lol ;-)

You tagged me back though.Today was my chopper day.... it did not go too well though, really need a second guy.

See you again soon :D

Advertisement