Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

boards.ie car stickers - anyone up for it?

Options
  • 13-06-2005 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

A bit of fun - just been thinking reading another thread about the M50. How about some boards.ie car stickers to that we can identify eachother on the road and give an old wave (and wonder in your head who that was!) - there's so many people here using the M50 every morning and evening we should see at least one or two every day. And loads more in other parts of the country.

Hmm, maybe a bit too daft!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

The Jury is out on this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I think it would be cool.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

I think it'd be a class idea aswell! Would it actually ever happen though, is the question!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Maybe the guys over in the Photoshoppage forum would help us out with a cool sticker design if there was enough interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I am hugely interested this product and/or service. Itd be interesting to see how many stickers it'd take to cover the car.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Stickers are things I take off my car.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Perhaps the proceeds could go to buying a new battery for the 5 Series Adam. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Aww I want one to stick to my bike!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

sorry guys but stickers i dont do on car. like dahamsta i take em all off...that includes service reminders, dealership adverts and of course dealers reg plate surrounds, why pay big money for a car (be it €1000-€100000), and then go and advertise for them for free :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm another nay sayer, windows are to see out of. When my sister got a "baby on board" sticker I told her off!

Then I congratulated her! :p

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Excellent priorities.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm for the motion of boards.ie car stickers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

A sticker with a transparent background and something like this
    o_O
    Something that is a symbol and not descriptive text would be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

We could go the american route of bumper stickers for the people who dont want any on their windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

ou cool , yea thatd be funny!boardster on board :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Rabies wrote:
    o_O

I like the ideas of stickers especially this one, if people don't like it they don't have to put them on :confused: . I have one on my car from the jon44w.com website I'm a member off, its small and on my back window just below my brake light. I can't even see it from inside the car, it's excellent though when you get waves etc from other users of the site.

Farls

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I'd def go 4 it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Rabies wrote:
    o_O
    I like the transparent idea and the o_O part, but I think having 'boards.ie' on it (in the usual font) is good advertising and raises awareness of boards.ie - which I think is a good idea. :)

causal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

that's a cool idea - except when my girlfriend is driving the car and I'm not in it - she'd be freaked out by all the nerds waving at her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

nooooooooooooooo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

perhaps you should all figure out who's going to pay for it first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

There's the kicker really, unless somebody gets tapped to collect the money and everyone pays thier two euro to him for thier stickers and then that person goes out and orders a heap of them and posts them to everyone?

I'd slap one on the box on the bike so it'd be right in everyones faces when I sail past them them in traffic. =D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    that's a cool idea - except when my girlfriend is driving the car and I'm not in it - she'd be freaked out by all the nerds waving at her.

Who you calling a nerd???? Im a geek hehe :cool:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, everyone who wants would need to pay up first. Then they can be printed off. Perhaps people could send money to boards' Paypal account? Though maybe the admins may not want the hassle of banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

dear god no, if i see any boards stickers on the m50 I'll be throwing eggs at the car :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What happens if you spend 5 minutes cursing a guy out of it for driving like an idiot, only to see a boards.ie sticker in his window at the next lights?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

We could be like Grease and get the matching jackets with Boards.ie on back like stickers in car.Wow. Or like the biker gang in "Every which way but lose",the Black Widows... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

what if somebody did up a logo and people could print it at their leisure\cost at reccomended places?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

mad m wrote:
    Or like the biker gang ... the Black Widows... :D
    Be careful - the Black Widows Ireland MCC are on the web ;)

causal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

seamus wrote:
    What happens if you spend 5 minutes cursing a guy out of it for driving like an idiot, only to see a boards.ie sticker in his window at the next lights?

:)
    Personally i think its a good idea....except i wouldnt stick it to my car.....my car is sticker free...(well almost....black sunband sticker on windscreen) .....AND....garage ad free....including number plate surrounds! ;)

OR.......... if we got a sticker printed so our boards.ie ID's can be seen too!
    Then if say for instance (example only....not ditching your driving skills) you SEAMUS cut me off on the M50.....i can start a nice lil thread about how SH*T your driving is........eh no! :D

Advertisement