Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

boards.ie car stickers - anyone up for it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Curran wrote:
    ..... if we got a sticker printed so our boards.ie ID's can be seen too! Then if say for instance (example only....not ditching your driving skills) you SEAMUS cut me off on the M50.....i can start a nice lil thread about how SH*T your driving is........eh no! :D

Or if one of the bikers was seen to be doing something stupid we could all have a go at him / her safe in the knowledge that they really are lunatics. :eek:

ducking down hoping they'll take the post in the humourous way it was intended

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Biker.ie

It wont work on bikes, even number plates and 6" helmet (crazy frog even) logos are a hazy blur thesedays.

Stickers tend to look cheap & tacky on almost every model of car so anyone with even a hint of good taste just wouldn't use them, the whole concept therefore appeals to the lowest common denominator boardsie ie. a total dweeb who'd love nothing better than to waste your time listing off his PC spec while stuck at the lights. They'd be avoided like the plague and give the place a bad name.

Stickers only look cool on lorries and heat-seeking missiles.

Ps. You may have casual(y) opened up a can of whoop ass on yourself from the 'Black Widows' there, don't be surprised if there's about 200 badasse's doing burnouts on your front lawn as we speak

at the behest of this fella ;
    black-wida.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Stickers tend to look cheap & tacky on almost every model of car so anyone with even a hint of good taste just wouldn't use them, the whole concept therefore appeals to the lowest common denominator boardsie ie. a total dweeb who'd love nothing better than to waste your time listing off his PC spec while stuck at the lights. They'd be avoided like the plague and give the place a bad name.

And people that drive around on bikes covered in fancy leather goods look good? Bring out the gimp

I can see how you understand cheap and tacky - such a stylish & good looking bunch you all are: click

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

DukeDredd wrote:
    I can see how you understand cheap and tacky - such a stylish & good looking bunch you all are:
    You got the cajones to say that to their faces, or are you only brave behind your keyboard, or what?

causal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

causal wrote:
    You got the cajones to say that to their faces, or are you only brave behind your keyboard, or what?
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

dahamsta wrote:
    :rolleyes:
    OK, let me explain. There is something particularly significant about the Black Widows MCC:
    "Black Widows Ireland is an all-female motorcycle club"
    I draw your attention to "all-female". Now, recall he said:
    DukeDredd wrote:
    I can see how you understand cheap and tacky - such a stylish & good looking bunch you all are:
    I trust you now appreciate the requirement for cajones to say that to their faces ;)
    And particularly the requirement for replacement cajones after the fact :eek:

causal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Stupid comment, stupid response. No offense like.

adam

One bottle of good humour on order for adam.
    *take twice daily until sense of humour returns to normal* :D

causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

How about a "Honk if you think im a retard" sticker for twin-cam'rs instead ? or would that sound like Ireland just won the world cup every day of the week..

What say ye judgedread or whatever your CB handle is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Hmm reminds me of yonder times.
    When most vehicles in the music/show business cargo end, used to have a discrete sticker,placed on the bottom left hand side of the rear window or tailgate.
    It was for a hardware company, we all recognised each other by it.
    If you saw a vehicle with such a sticker in trouble you would always stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

..and break into a song ? giveus an owl tune there, gwan ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Then in the summer of 43 we all stopped to see one our comrades turned over on the side of the road he was transporting bag pipers.
    He was in collision with a truck carrying 20 tons of squid.
    3200 new songs were created that night. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

How about a "Honk if you think im a retard" sticker for twin-cam'rs instead ?

Reserved for BMW drivers like yourself - no requirement for a sticker though.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

that is what the propeller symbol is for..

Advertisement