Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Ascot???

• 13-06-2005 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭

Wot everybody think??

Rakti, Iffraaj could be bankers!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Both definitely have great chances, however I wouldn't be too keen to take 4/6 on Rakti with his temprement problems, he's the best horse in race and if he doesn't have any problems should win, the price is too short for me though.

Ifraaj looks like a top animal, it holds entries in some big group races later in the season so is obviously well thought of. I'd hold off backing him until the draw is made, if he's drawn very high it could be quite difficult for him to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

I think Ifraaj will win from anywhere - anyone see the Michael Jarvis interview on ATR, very interesting, horses has been entered for the July Cup. Not that that means anything, but they obviously think the horse has the ability. If he gets the draw he wants the current price will go. Generally 4/1 now.

Rakti is definitely not a bet at the current odds. He is more like 4/7. he touched 4/5 for about an hour on Friday and i was tempted at that. If he is the same horse that settled at Newbury, it is only a question of going up and coming back but he is not a betting proposition at teh odds. Valixir looks hard to knock out of the frame and is an each way price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

Rakti... hmm he was impressive in the lokinge. Maybe Vallixir will be good enough for him. I have been a supporter of Rakti since he won the italian derby i think it was at 5/1. What do you think of Ad Valorem? He's unbeaten. Although he wasn't very impressive in the RPT.

although i have a sneaky feeling that the winner of the race will be Akimbo..Look at he's lines. Hurricane Alan could well be in the frame. Rakti Won't win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Robin1982

Anything other than Rakti to win this weak G1 is highly unlikely but I am not tempted (in general) by odds under 13/8. However I do believe that potential value could lie with Hurricane Alan or Martillo to follow him home. I believe Valixir to be a soft ground, 10f horse and simply have never seen Starcraft race but his racing record is nothing to be in awe of. Saying that Valixir is most likely to finish 2nd but believe CSF/Exacta bets are too skewd towards those towards top of the betting market so:

My Bets:

Rakti to beat...

Hurricane Alan - 2pts
    Martillo - 1.5pts

In my humble estimation I would imagine that either of those above bets would be equivalent to 10/1 to 15/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Not much money to be made today i dont think!! Saving money til further on in week!!

3.05 A tough one to decide one of four or five have the potential to win!!
    E/W earners on this one i think

The Tatling and Var are favorites ~ 5/1
    Cape Of Good Hope also in with a good shout and my bet for today!
    Mighty Beau also worth a look

3.45 Shamardal ran well in french guineas beating hurricane run!! Altough his form isn't as good as last year! Been backing him for a while now! Definitly between himself and Dubawi! However Dubawi not one for the very fast ground!

16.20 Rakti all the way.....not worth betting on (8/13 ish) Altough i have a good feeling he's the banker of the day! Temperment could be a problem however i dont think this should affect him today!!

Had money on him from last week a bit better odds

Hurricane Alan e/w

Should have listened to me. I told you Valixir would be good enough to beat Rakti. And Ad Valorem ran a blinder like i said he might...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

You're the best Bartonprince, keep them coming.

Advertisement