Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Premier League XI For This Season.

• 13-06-2005 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

Following on from the best Premiership eleven I thought it might make a good thread to name and shame those whose preformances have been less than stellar this season. If you like, feel free to elect a manager for your hopeless halfwits.

My team in a 4-4-2 formation.

GK, Manuel Almunia: A goalkeeper that was worse than Lehmann, says it all really.
    DR, Glen Johnson: As awful going forward as he is in defence. Laughable to consider that he cost Chelsea £6 million.
    DC, Titus Bramble: Pure muck, has improved slightly this season thanks to having Boumsong next to him. Despite it all, still holds a place in the Newcastle first team.
    DC, Pascal Cygan: Whenever the lad is announced on the team sheet, smiles are raised from the opposing fans. Was never any good and never will be.
    DL, Danny Higginbottom: Once touted as a future England starter. Thanks to his woeful preformances he's been relegated with Soton this season for the second time in his short career.
    MR, Antonio Nunez: Known as the next Figo at Real, no pace, no crossing or dribbling ability. Provided me with plenty of laughs in the pub though. Shouldn't even line out for an Eircom League club.
    MC, Djemba-Djemba: Out of his depth, what was O' Leary thinking when he signed him.
    MC, Nicky Butt: Anonymous in midfield, I really don't understand why his preformances have deteriorated so badly in the last few years.
    ML, Harry Kewell: In two years of football he has done nothing, Liverpool fans must feel especially aggrevied since he promised so much.
    FW, Francis Jeffers: The journeyman of Premier league football flops at yet another club. Has had four years to prove himself now, shockingly bad player.
    FW, Kezman: A poxy 4 goals (one peno) in the Premier League this season. Not always played in his favourite position but it's still no excuse.

Manager, Souness: Has taken Newcastle a step backwards from where Robson had them. Instead of challenging for Europe, they were just out of relegation. I feel for Toon Army supporters.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Almost all those players started 15 or less premiership games. 4 of them started less than 10 games.

Its a bit unfair to call them "the worst in the premiership" seeing as none of them got a decent crack of the whip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Almost all those players started 15 or less premiership games. 4 of them started less than 10 games.

Its a bit unfair to call them "the worst in the premiership" seeing as none of them got a decent crack of the whip.

exactly, they only started so few games because they are muck and fill in gaps when the regulars are injured. your not gonna play brutal players for a full season.

most of these players have had there chance, some in previous seasons & shown a bit of promise and then flopped once they got any sort of consistent matchtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

They started so few games for a reason you know :)

They started so few games for a reason you know :)
    Yes, and quite a few of them were down to injuries mainly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

are you mad, how didnt DJIMI TRAORE end up on that team, now there is a stock of sh!te

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

GK - Manuel Almunia - as before
    RB - Josemi - just can't defend
    CB - Pellegrino - Waste of 6 months wages - surely they Liverpool a reserve player that could have covered
    CB - Cygan - fills the opposition full of confidence
    LB - Traore - that OG was the funniest thing I have ever seen in football
    RM - Nunez - BBC 5 Live summed it up 1 day - "they got real madrids kit man"
    CM - Kleberson - talented but just can't seem to do it
    CM - Bowyer - thug and has been crap aswell
    LB - Kewell - the name says it all
    CF - Kezman - what has happened him
    CF - Kluivert - Another with talent but couldn't hack it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Surely there is a place for Man Citys wonderfully gifted midfielder/striker Christian Negouai, the only man to rack up a negative points tally in fantasy league teams with his three minutes of football and one red card. Cost us 1.5 million quid when good old Keggers decided he was "the best signing I have ever made".

I'm going 5-3-2

GK Sorenson: Harsh but he keeps on fouling up when playing Birmingham derbies!
    DL Higginbotham: As above, awful awful player.
    DR Mills: Keegan, wtf were you thinking tbh, I mean, Mills, lol! imho. Pearce made his views on this idiot clear when dropping him the moment he got in charge, and rightly so.
    DC Purse: Darren Purse. A shocking 'player'. Surprising WBA stayed up with that carthorse at the back.
    SWC Cyagn: Worst centre half to come from France to the Prem since Prunier.
    DC Ridgewell: Painfully out of his depth.
    AML Kewell: Wont comment as I dont want to wind up in court.
    AMR Bowyer: "Lying Leeds Scum" the tabloids christened him during the asain student case. Apt, I thought. How this thug picks up 40 grand a week is beyond me.
    DMC (C) Negouai: See above.
    FC Macken: 5 milllion quid he cost us. His goal vs Spudz in the FA cup last year saved him from this list, but not this time. See you John :rolleyes:
    SC Beattie: Underachiver and proud of it. 6 million quid? Everton obv paid by the pound.

Despite all Bowyers shortcomings lads he actually had a good season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

TheMonster wrote:
    LB - Traore - that OG was the funniest thing I have ever seen in football

It wasnt in the Pl though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

pleased to see nobody from my team was mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

jimi traore is a champions league winner!!! oh yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

mada999 wrote:
    jimi traore is a champions league winner!!! oh yeah

Did he not just sign a 4 year extension with Liverpool, with Benitez saying he is "one for the future" or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Traore is a decent enough player just prone to loosing his concentration too often. As he gets older this should hopefully improve. Certainly not one of the worst defenders in the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I actually think Cygan had a fairly good season by his own fairly low standards. I'm not saying he was good, but I can think of plenty of worse centre backs tbh. The name Mauricio Pellegrino just keeps cropping up. Gary Doherty was rather amusing at centre back for Norwich aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

GK: Roy Carroll: How many f*ck ups has this guy had. Cost utd dearly agains milan.
    LB: Phil Neville: The worst player I have ever seen live. absolutely muck
    CB: Cygan: Rooney made him look like an eircom league 3 player.
    CB: Gary Doherty: Just watch him against Chelsea in the match at Xmas.
    RB: Mills: Like doherty he has got to have the best agent in the world. i mean players like this shouldn't be allowed to play football.

LMF: Jesper Gronkjaer: Saw him play against Charlton and he was even crap then.
    CM: Matt Holland: I almost didn't put in Matt cause I forgot about him. Like I do whenever I watch him play.
    CM: Djemba Djemba: So bad they named him twice.
    RMF: Darren Fletcher: WTF Overrated Overrated Overrated

CF: Clinton Morrison: Needs to learn the offside trap, oh and how to socre
    CF: Emile Heskey: See above but add lazy too that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

AthAnRi wrote:
    CF: Emile Heskey: See above but add lazy too that.

He's also very arrogant, he thinks he's "one of the best striker's in the PL" :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Djemba Djemba played one game then got injured, he's not world class but defo worth the buy we paid feck all for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

AthAnRi wrote:
    RMF: Darren Fletcher: WTF Overrated Overrated Overrated

He is a central midfielder tbh. :rolleyes:

It should be wtf under-rated under-rated under-rated. ;)

Advertisement