Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths 2 (O) - What a relief!

Options
  • 13-06-2005 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭

Just out of Maths paper 2, and oh my god what a relief! It was so damn easy compared to paper 1... hopefully this will being me up to a pass at least!! Answered 5 questions in Section A and Liner Programming in Section B, so hopefully itll secure my result!!

What were your feelings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

It was great I think i passed on paper 2 alone! went over it with my teacher after and all is good. I need a C3 though and paper 1 was awful. atleast i should pass now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

yeah i thought it was grand aswell, had a bit of a prob with the part b of question three though..... I think paper 2 will bring up my mark from paper one though-i hope!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭hum

im pretty much the same, really happy they went abit easier on us on this paper, i was expecting a horrible paper but it turned out grand!!
    thank god!
    :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Thought it twas a bit tough still myself, got all questions attempted. Bah sure who gives a feck, aint the end of da world :P

did anyone do the vectors question??
    i hate vectors and i wasnt looking forward to that one at all, it turned out pretty easy and mostly the same as regular algebra
    phew!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 DinnyC

hum wrote:
    did anyone do the vectors question??
    i hate vectors and i wasnt looking forward to that one at all, it turned out pretty easy and mostly the same as regular algebra
    phew!

Yeah I did it, thought it was great. part a was great usually tey ask much harder things. what did people do for area and volume part (b) (ii) about the depth of the lake I wasn't sure how to get that. do u use the the average length of the intervals?..

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

I thought the paper was very easy. Did 6 questions out of 7 in Section A and did the Linear Programming question in Section B.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

I spent most of the exam throwing up. I think I can safely say I failed so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I think the depth of the lake was 5m, thats if i got it right. Just divide your answer from the first part into the volume they give you.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

I got 5m as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

I think the depth of the lake was 5m, thats if i got it right. Just divide your answer from the first part into the volume they give you.

Was it that simple?I ended up dividing the volume by 6 (for the six sections) and got 2500
    Then I had something like
    (18)(10)(x)=2500 for the first section and so on for all the others. Then I added them all up and divided by 6 cos it said to find the average....
    Suppose I'm wrong though...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

What did you get as the radius of the smaller ball in 1 c iii? I think i got 1cm. It was unusual for them to give you one part in cm and then the other in metres. Hope you all remembered to convert to one and leave it for the rest of the paper.
    A good paper all in all. Some parts took longer than they shouldv but no complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ashdabash

I didn hav enuf time+found it a bit tuf!!!tink im a failer aswel :( bye bye my course newayz!!!

smashin i did it a load of ways and had 5m as one of them :D

What did you get as the radius of the smaller ball in 1 c iii? I think i got 1cm. It was unusual for them to give you one part in cm and then the other in metres. Hope you all remembered to convert to one and leave it for the rest of the paper.
    A good paper all in all. Some parts took longer than they shouldv but no complaints.

yeah i got 1cm aswell must people i was talking to did. yeah converted it and got loadz of zeros.. how did people do with q2 (c) (ii)??did anyone else end up wit (3-k over 2 and 6-k)??

DinnyC wrote:
    yeah i got 1cm aswell must people i was talking to did. yeah converted it and got loadz of zeros.. how did people do with q2 (c) (ii)??did anyone else end up wit (3-k over 2 and 6-k)??

Yeah I got something like that too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

yeh got 3k over 2 and 6k or 7k cant remember exactly.

q2 (c) (ii)??did anyone else end up wit (3-k over 2 and 6-k)??

yup i got that!
    for q 3 part c (iii) did anyone else get for the values of y... y=9 and y=-3??

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cotsy

Sweet, all looks good, got 1cm for the Radius awell. What did ye'all get for the best combination of chairs and Tables and the %profit answer in the Linear Programming Question? Think i got 14% or something like that.

Coulnd have asked for a nicer paper, lookin for an A1 and thought i mightv thrown it away after P1 but now it could be back on provided i didn mess up the probability Q (its hard to tell).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I got 14% too, i though i messed that whole thing up, maybe ill get some marks from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

ive had my head stuck in the books since friday night and thank god it payed off, today was a nice realxing start to the week, only 3 left for me and finished on thursday!! hope everyone is doing ok and no one is stressing out...i thought the leaving was like a big bad bear :D and really its a cuddly bear....thats provided u take it in your stride!

okaaaaaay...
    Yeah I got 14% for that too, I thought the Linear programming one was really easy actually.
    Question 7 was so easy that I think maybe I misread it and did it wrong! Did anyone else get 0 for the last part in (c)?
    How did you find the probability q?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

holy hell, I got a shock when I looked at my line and circle questions and saw graphs! I forgot to bring even my ruler into the exam so I ended up using the edge of the maths tables to draw the lines, and I had to do the circle freehand... >_< I haven't used a compass since fifth year, and I know most people in my class hadn't brought maths sets in with them. spent most of the exam after that mentally kicking myself over it,

but I think I did well enough. personally, I thought paper 1 was much easier. some of the questions on this one were phrased a bit differently than usual, and if I hadn't done the sample paper last night I might have been thrown by the binomial theorem question. hadn't done one with 2x instead of x before.

still, I didn't have to do probability in the end so I'm happy ^_^

[edit: I found Q7 really easy as well, and I did get 0 on the last part.]

scorpy wrote:
    holy hell, I got a shock when I looked at my line and circle questions and saw graphs! I forgot to bring even my ruler into the exam so I ended up using the edge of the maths tables to draw the lines, and I had to do the circle freehand... >_< I haven't used a compass since fifth year, and I know most people in my class hadn't brought maths sets in with them. spent most of the exam after that mentally kicking myself over it,
    EXACTLY the same as me, don't know where the f**k my ruler got to, thank God for the tables! There was two staple-marks in all my lines until I realised that I could use the other non-stapley side! Had no compass either so my circle turned out kind of pear-shaped! :( I wrote it underneath though so maybe they'll be nice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

hm, perhaps I should have mentioned the fact that I did mine without a compass too. I considered it, but I thought that'd make the examiner hate me - 'what kind of an idiot goes into a maths exam without a compass?' -_-
    coincidentally I've had some practise at hand-drawing circles using only the four points of intersection with the axes(long story involving skirts and rabbits, et cetera) so at least my circle was quite circle-shaped.

Ah yes, the old skirts and rabbits situation!!
    No I'm hoping for "The poor dear was under so much pressure that she forgot her compass, and by the looks of things she didn't have a ruler either....God love her..."
    Or something along those lines! That must have been the first exam in ages that needed a compass! So annoying cos beforehand one of my friends was asking me did I have a mathematical set and I was like "Ha ha yeah, I'm hardly gonna need one of those!"
    You can imagine how hard I kicked myself when I saw the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I didn't do that great. I'd say I got maybe a C. I got most of the questions finished but I don't know if they were right or not. Hopefully I'll get 70%, I can't realy remember how I did because of how happy I am with the Geography exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭sarahg_angel69

DinnyC wrote:
    Yeah I did it, thought it was great. part a was great usually tey ask much harder things. what did people do for area and volume part (b) (ii) about the depth of the lake I wasn't sure how to get that. do u use the the average length of the intervals?..

ye dats wat u did!!! dats wat i did n asked the teacher after and sed it was rite!!!! den wen u get the average divide it by the 15,000!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭sarahg_angel69

hum wrote:
    yup i got that!
    for q 3 part c (iii) did anyone else get for the values of y... y=9 and y=-3??

yup got that!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 rose**

i thought the paper was a bit tricky not so straightforward. there was just (mostly the b parts!?) that were stricky. hope i did alrite :o

Advertisement