Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Modem

• 13-06-2005 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

I have been with UTV for over a year and I am getting rid of them because of there horrendous customer service and d/load cap.
    I was wondering is the modem I recieved from them mine or do I have to send it back?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

you have to send it back along with all the filters and anything else they sent you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Ya sure Rymus? I didnt have to send anything back, that was 5 months ago....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I cancelled and they didn't ask for it. If they want it, they can ask for it.

adam

them not coming after you for it is a completely different thing to the requirement that it be sent back. I have no intention of sending mine back either and I could almost guarantee that due to their recent lack of arse finding with both hands tied behind back abilities they'll probably never even realise you were a customer of theirs in the first place after you cancel. Hey hey, free crappy DSL modem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I'd send it back if it was free cause i have no use for it and couldnt sell it people would want you to give them money to take it off your hands, Talking about Bog Standard........................

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

rymus wrote:
    Hey hey, free crappy DSL modem!
    Indeed. Mine's like new, since I wouldn't let the awful thing near my rig.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Sgtshaft

Cheers for the replies, I think I will send it back because it hardly worth the €150 they can charge u if u dont and especially for that sh1tty modem thats only worth a quarter of that, and knowing utv they will try to screw you given half a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Yes but is it worth the €10 or so to send it back via registered post? No.

Keep it, they sometimes come in handy as a spare

would it be hugely naughty to demand they refund you on your final bill to the amount that it costs to return the modem? Anything in the holy grail of daily changing T&C's about this?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

rymus wrote:
    would it be hugely naughty to demand they refund you on your final bill to the amount that it costs to return the modem? Anything in the holy grail of daily changing T&C's about this?

Not yet but I can hear themn [UTV] typing away as we speak...but don't worry we'll get the required 30 days notice of any change.

• Advertisement
Advertisement