Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Paper 2 answers

Options
  • 13-06-2005 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Does anyone know if the answers to paper two will be available anywhere?Just to put my mind at rest...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mrs. hamlet

They will prob b puttin them up on the 806 website 2nite! Well they did the nite of paper 1 anywho!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

OK thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

They will prob b puttin them up on the 806 website 2nite! Well they did the nite of paper 1 anywho!

whats the 806 website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

whats the 806 website? :o:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mrs. hamlet

Countdown to 8 06 on 2FM with the reeeealllly annoying presenter! Just go to the 2FM website then 806 and there should be a link!
    if they hav put the answers up... o never mind! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Nope.

I can get them done for you, my girlfriends father writes maths book and has offered. Dunno how long it will take tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

anybody get the soloutions yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 rose**

havent come across any answers yet...anyone else know where i could get them?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ill see if I can get them done :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 TaraC

the answers are up on 2fm now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭sixdraw

sorry for bringing up maths again but can anyone tell me how john brennan gets 3/(root 26) on ques. 3(c)(i). i keep gettin 24 / (root26 * root 32).
    dot product over the two modulus' right yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

sixdraw wrote:
    sorry for bringing up maths again but can anyone tell me how john brennan gets 3/(root 26) on ques. 3(c)(i). i keep gettin 24 / (root26 * root 32).

Are you sure it's not -24/(root 26 * root 32)? That's what I got and part (ii) worked out as 3 then

how could there be a negative on top if all the coefficents of the i's and j's are positive. you multiply the i's by the i's and the j's by the j's for the dot product, no? so positive by positive gives positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Study???

Ya i got that positive answer two. Phew I thought i was the only 1.....

there's an example in that less stress more sucess.its the same thing as that question and the method is the same as mine so how is john brennan gettin a different answer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

sixdraw wrote:
    24/(sqrt(26).sqrt(32)) can be further reduced down to 3/sqrt(13). I suppose that's what John Brennan was trying to do, but made some mistake (or typo) to get 3/sqrt(26).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

sixdraw wrote:
    how could there be a negative on top if all the coefficents of the i's and j's are positive. you multiply the i's by the i's and the j's by the j's for the dot product, no? so positive by positive gives positive.

Yeah but did you not have to reverse the direction on one of the vectors so you could keep going in the one direction round the angle? Oh well, don't care, done nearly a week at this stage and it's not gonna be a lot of marks anyway :p

Advertisement