Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband - Connection

• 13-06-2005 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭

I am living in the frankfield area of cork my connection is fine but sometimes the connection bandwidth drops well below the contention ratio of 48:1 does anyone know what the lowest speed i should get before i start complaining?.

My connection is Breeze 1M / 1M at 48:1 contention

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

The lowest theoretical speed you should get is 20 kbs. This would mean everyone downloading at the same time which is very unlikely. It is more likely there is a fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I have been having the same problems but honestly they do shag all they actually told me we cant do anymore yet it was obvious there was a problem the lowest i got was 17kbs............Bare in mind i have been upgraded to 2mb
    gordonnet wrote:
    I am living in the frankfield area of cork my connection is fine but sometimes the connection bandwidth drops well below the contention ratio of 48:1 does anyone know what the lowest speed i should get before i start complaining?.

My connection is Breeze 1M / 1M at 48:1 contention

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

if i get below 200K and im not in a DL frenzy i bitch about it. when im DL a lot i acceppt the crappy speeds mainly cos i bringit on myself and after a few quiet days the speed comes back up.

Advertisement