Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did you fall for the hype??

Options
  • 13-06-2005 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

do you think that the exams are as bad as everyone says?? the papers, the news, the radio, friends etc etc??

i think its all way too hyped up, i mean sure for some exams i was dreading the whole thing and before the first day i was really nervous, but once your in there the time flys by! and then its over!!... like i cant believe english irish and maths are FINISHED!!

i think i truely fell for all the hype people make about it, but maybe thats a good thing and made me study!!
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

I never read anything about the leaving during the year (papers etc) so i kept away from that. Didn't really talk about it much. Than i got studing, and when it came around, i wasn't too bad. I have the worst over now so im quite happy.

It is totally overhyped, hearing of people studing 8 in the morning until 10 at night doesn't help the cause one bit. I hate how papers in one article talk about the pressure on LC students and then on the next page will have an "average" students study timetable, informing all of his 12 hours of work per day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

It didn't quite make me study but there was a lot of hype... I think it's all a bit of an anti-climax. 2 years of learning / classes tucked into a 2 to 3 hour examination, a bit mad when you think about it! Ah well, halfway there now! (6 papers done out of 11.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Yeah it is too hyped up, tbh I thought at the start of the year that during the exams I would be cramming every little bit of study I could but I'm just bored/fed up and unfortunately not feeling the pressure too much. I pretty much took the whole weekend off, unless you count a few hours last night. Even right now I've been home since 1 and all I've done is watch tv, eat and now I'm on boards... should study. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭hum

i should be doing french.........(continues to spin around on whirly chair)
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

went to lunch with the mommy after maths and looked around and just saw 3rd years...thought **** i better study when i get home....home and all for ages now and i played with this puppy that was in the front garden for awhile then i threw out all my maths stuff, had tea and now im on boards...ah well 3 days left woohoo!!! leaving cert smeaving cert!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

yeah, sure I only have biology and french tomorrow, there's no studying in biology! ^_^;;
    I've been reading the paper, listening to music and reading a book about game level design since I got home - my sights are firmly set on the future...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭captain_frances

hum wrote:
    i should be doing french.........(continues to spin around on whirly chair)
    :rolleyes:

:D:D:D I hear ya :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

I was kinda immune to the whole "gotta study study study" thing til like last month. All my friends were really chilled about it - it was just a normal school year really. Yeah, there were a few people studying after school every day for like 4/5 hours - blah, waste of life! My philosphy; do your homework, work for class tests and exams(cram)... and you will be grand

The LC is waaaaaaaaay overhyped and it's the fact that it is overhyped that makes students have nervous breakdowns....well not really....but you know what I mean....

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 CoffeeFreak

II hate how everyone makes a big deal out if the LC, it's such an anticlimax! I stopped being nervous after the first 5 mins of english paper 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

the leaving is actually not too bad. Unless you are trying for 550+ points, which is just stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mrs. hamlet

*Angel* wrote:
    Yeah it is too hyped up, tbh I thought at the start of the year that during the exams I would be cramming every little bit of study I could but I'm just bored/fed up and unfortunately not feeling the pressure too much. I pretty much took the whole weekend off, unless you count a few hours last night. Even right now I've been home since 1 and all I've done is watch tv, eat and now I'm on boards... should study. :D

So, me!!!!!!

It really annoyed me when people would say "well, its too late to start studyin now" and "if you don't know everything by now you're in trouble". And where do they get the idea that cramming is bad? Why bother studyin when ya can cram everythin' in at da last min?? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Fortinbras'

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    the leaving is actually not too bad. Unless you are trying for 550+ points, which is just stupid.

Yeah its stupid to want to be a doctor!
    get real!
    do you not watch LOST?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Lol, nice topic. No i havent, been living an easy life these last few yearsm and did a bit of work these last couple of months (but still went out played PC most of time, etc). I love it, these tests are easy enough (ok so ive only done 3 subjects so far got 4 left) but it seems grand!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shinny-dee

exactly,put it in perspective, were all alive an actually got d chance to sit exams unlike the girls in navan. d pressure is nothin theres so waaay more important stuff n life. the only good thing aboue leaving cert is the pre-debs party and the dens ball!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

I am completely at rest now. Geography today was really scaring me. Now its over I have wiped my brain clean of it. I couldn't even make a sentence on anything to do with geography if i tried right now. Maths was pretty easy for me I would say about a B1 or B2 in pass which is perfect for the course i want. Well one of the courses. Just have german, physics and chemistry. Study for the next week for Chemistry and Physics and forget about german.

I can't wait for when I come out of Chemistry. I will get absolutely locked like i did at the graduation and START MY LIFE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

were having a second grad (just in the pub) on the last day. Were all dressing up again and getting locked again.
    /good times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i think your right i did the leaving last year and i all did during the year was homework really didnt study till the week before each exam and still got much more points then i needed. i also remember having the same discussion just after too on how overhyped it is and once you get passed english paper 1 its just a normal exam

Advertisement