Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Right, how about THIS tune? From DJ Sci - The Dark Side

• 13-06-2005 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

I have it on a mix tape from 1995, DJ Sci - The Dark Side. It has tracks like Nostrum (Brainchild), Westbam (Wizards of the Sonic), Scooter (Back in Time), DJ's Misjah & Tim (Access), PH1 (Sizzling Love)... does anyone know it? There are some tracks on it that I don't know the titles of.

One has the following lyrics after a breakdown and rise-again in the song in a deep male vox-type voice:

We love it
    We need it
    Express
    We hate it
    We want it
    Extess
    We need it
    We get it
    Not less

...and on and on before it picks up again.

I also want the tune it mixes into, which sounds like it is from Legend B of Lost in Love fame. Only those who know the tape/mix know where I am coming from, but if there are any serious takers, I'll try and record in a sample or two of the 2 tracks if requested.

Ring any bells?

Seanie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I have a tape somewhere that has that Dark Side tune on it. Not sure if it's the same mix tape or not though. I'll try and track it down tonight and let you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Cheers mordeith.

Any luck mordeith??

Hey man, sorry bout the delay.
    I found the tape alright but I don't think it's the one you're looking for. The tape I have is from 2001 called Dance Masters. This link http://www.discogs.com/release/166180 will take you to the tracklisting. As you can see the Dark Side tune is by Hypetraxx and the other tunes don't correspond to your list so doesn't look good I'm afraid :(

PS The tracklisting is for the CD - some of those aren't on the tape (I think :rolleyes: )

mordeith wrote:
    you can see the Dark Side tune is by Hypetraxx and the other tunes don't correspond to your list so doesn't look good I'm afraid :(

I know the track your talking about, I have it on cd single, but its waaayyyy off the one I'm looking for! The Dark Side is the actual name of the mix tape by DJ Sci. Don't know if people know it, it had a picture of a leaking radioactive egg like the one from Aliens movie poster. It was on a homemade music label called Intelligence.

Tell you what, I'll try and record in the tape and take a few small samples of it, that way someone may actually know the track (ut not from DJ Sci's tape).

Seanie.

• Advertisement

Sorry 'bout that. I guess I should have read your original post properly in the first case. Still, go ahead and put up the sample. You never know your luck. :)

Ok, I have reorded in the 2 sides of the tape. The sample I have linked to here is just under 3MB in size, and is about 20 minutes of Side A. It starts at the first song I am looking for, and if anyone can help identify any of the other tracks in the recorded sample, please post back here.
    The first 2 songs (which are omitted) are Nostrum (Brainchild) and PH1 (Sizzling Love).

Click Here for audio sample (in .wma format)

It is in 16Kbps/20KHz .wma format. Sorry I can't really make it any smaller for those willing to help on dial-up, but if you're that little bit extra patient...

Thanks for listening,

Seanie.

The link doesn't work man.

Ah, I see whats wrong... that entire "sentence" is the link... I'll edit it and see what happens. Thanks for letting me know!

Fixed!

• Advertisement
Advertisement