Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband - Ballycoolin, Attrium, Ballymun & Airport highsite

• 13-06-2005 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭

Just got this mail............... FYI :-) At least they let us know unlike other BB Providers

*** Important Notice from Irish Broadband - Ballycoolin, Attrium, Ballymun & Airport highsite a planned network outage has been scheduled - Tuesday morning the 14th June 05 between the hours of 2am and 4am. ***

Dear Customer,
    Due to essential upgrade work on the above highsites a planned network outage has been scheduled. All internet connectivity will be unavailable this Tuesday morning the 14th June 05 between the hours of 2am and 4am.

Although we have outlined a 2 hour outage window as above, it is hoped that the actual outage will last no longer than 60 minutes.

Irish Broadband is continually improving its network and this upgrade work will enable customers to implement high quality secure MPLS links. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause, but rest assured we will make every effort to keep downtime to a minimum.

Thank you for your time.

Irish Broadband Customer Services.

Lo-Call - 1890564456

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

Agree, nice of them to notify.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭aubhall

yep and based on the last time i got a notice like this actual down time was someting like 10 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

Same here got one a few months ago and the total downtime was 13min 36sec according to my connection monitor :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

nice to see service improving, but why mail some and not all customers? weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

ciarsd wrote:

think some people put old e-mail addresses on thier applications and never update ! so let them know your updated mail address! they always notify me and I'm only a residential customer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

ciarsd wrote:

im not getting faster speeds if thats what you are saying.

still sub 1meg connection performance for me.

Drapper wrote:
    think some people put old e-mail addresses on thier applications and never update ! so let them know your updated mail address! they always notify me and I'm only a residential customer

have 2 email addresses a personal one and a works one...never changes.
    theyve got my personal one and i NEVER receive mailouts out of courtesy

:eek:
    Shiny wrote:
    im not getting faster speeds if thats what you are saying.

still sub 1meg connection performance for me.

nope shiny, i meant customer service - my BB speeds are still pretty crap & hit and miss for the amount I pay each month :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Rumour has it the masts are maxed out again !!! so crappy pings for a bout a week or so until they sort it out !!

4 m8 have it and we all have CRAP pings for about 4 nights now !

I think keeping in touch with others on IBB masts in your area really save so much time! you dont have to keep calling IBB and getting fobbed off !!

State you mast here and problem

Advertisement