Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography paper fault

Options
  • 13-06-2005 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else see it on question 18 of the short questions. It gave a sample answer as D being 3(lake) when it should have been 2(nature reserve)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Holly Golightly

I know! The supervisor asked me if I had spotted it when I handed up my envelope. He's so lovely. Looks a bit like Sid James.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

haha yes...im the best, was first to notice and say it to supervisor :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Me too but one of the supervisors in the centre said she couldnt tell us to change it because she had not been formally noted about it and it was up to our judgemant.

haha same...he said I havent been told about it, are you sure they are wrong..just do it they will give YOU marks cause they went wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

My supervisor said just ignore it because we'll get the marks anyway sice it was a mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Yeah, we were told to cross it out and write the right answer beside it.

And then in question 19 it said is "the nature reserve at (N 123 123)" or whatever it was when is asked where the nature reserve was in question 18! Idiots!
    I laughed out loud at it, everyone looked at me. :D

Yeah the exact same cordinates came up in the long question 5 as a nature reserve again. So thats twice they correct themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

Someone told the supervisor and he just said that if we noticed something wrong with the answer then to change it. I had already changed it but i wasnt arsed telling him. I was so proud! :D
    But some of my friends were in another exam centre and they werent told, everyone in the country is just gonna have to get the marks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

department rang the school :P

But at least we can earn our marks with dignity :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Jakkass wrote:
    department rang the school :P
    Isnt that a bit unfair? They didnt ring our school....

Are you sure cause no one else got a call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I was first to notice it too, But they guy didnt undertsand me! He said, well see that on is already done ... now u do the others

He thought i was pour stupid or something, but then someelse said it and he came back over to me!

He said, well see that on is already done ... now u do the others
    Lmao :D
    See thats what i was afraid would happen to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

I noticed, but didn't say anything. No point really, if everyones getting all the marks anyway, or if some people didn't spot it then hey! Tough cookies.

What an idiot :p

The test in general was easy wasn't it?
    Nothing about industry came up.

And a bit off subject but don't you hate licking the seal on the folders? :p

• Advertisement

I didnt study ONE things for Geo and I'd say B...

BTW: I never close my envelopes :p

I didnt study ONE things for Geo and I'd say B...

BTW: I never close my envelopes :p
    I tried handing it up without licking it but the examiner forced me to. :(
    Go on, lick it boys! Lick it more!

I kind of try to discreetly lick my finger and rub it on the seal...unfortunatly, the seal is a piece of sh1te, and washes off.

Use your finger!!! eeew i tried licking it the 1st day and i was gagging, so now i just use my finger..its still horrible though.

I just threw out all my books that were finished the exams in! it felt so gooooood TRY IT!

I cant :mad: theyre not my books :(

Perhaps a ratemysupervisor thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Damn error! I didn't notice they'd switched them, I thought there was just something up with the nature reserve one. Teaches me for not being thorough. By a process of elimination I just stuck the last letter in the box anyway.

And yeah, the seals taste disgusting. Not like stamps at all. =(

However I'd rather lick those horrible seals than my finger, 'cause I get my hands filthy when I'm writing. My pen today was leaking all over the place, and I seem incapable of using a pencil without getting covered in graphite. After my art exam it was quite atrocious... my fingers were black.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

yeah, i noticed the mistake and they announced it just after i noticed it. They said they didn't have the authority to tell us what to do but just put whatever we thought where (i.e. cross it out and put the right thing in).

I hate licking the stupid seal! It never stays down properly!

Anyway, the exam was pretty easy and i left 15 minutes early. It's quite amazing because i literally only did half an hour of study for geography last night and i got nothing done during the break between the exams. I'm hoping for a B or even possibly an A?

Are you a leftie? Because I find when I write in pencil (or inky pen) and then my hand moves across it and gets all smudgy. Darn right hand world!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Flashling wrote:
    Are you a leftie? Because I find when I write in pencil (or inky pen) and then my hand moves across it and gets all smudgy. Darn right hand world!
    That I am. Back in primary school when we had to use pencil for maths, it was a sure fire way for me to have a silver hand every single day. So nowadays I use pen wherever at all possible. Only my pen was wasting today so it was blobbing randomly.
    And also my pens in general get really dirty. I think my pencil sharpener is secretly opening in my pencil case, getting the pens filthy, then destroying the evidence because I don't know how they get so bad.

Advertisement