Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird overclocking itself

Options
  • 13-06-2005 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭

Just noticed this on my work pc it seems to be overclocked thing is im the only person who uses it and ive never overclocked it
    has anybody got any ideas
    Pete

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

does cpuz give you the same speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

SiSoftware Sandra does
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Go into the BIOS and check what the FSB & multiplier is. That's really odd. It looks like a custom built PC, no OEM logo, is that right?

no its a dell GX280 its got the work image of windows on it its weird though was showing 3.8 earlier then i checked it again and its gone up to 4.08
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

If only intel sold more of those magic overclocking cpu's....

• Advertisement

Yea it would be great id be nearly tempted to turn to intel for the home pc,
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

peterk19 wrote:
    Yea it would be great id be nearly tempted to turn to intel for the home pc,
    Pete

:eek: Blasphemy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

WizZard wrote:
    :eek: Blasphemy :eek:

ah come on, there not that bad.

Run some Benchmarks (PCmark2002) post your scores and ill tell you if it’s actually being overclocked (although I can guarantee you now that its not).

Advertisement