Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A bible of sorts for electronic music.

• 13-06-2005 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hey all just found this last night and its one of the coolist things Ive seen in a while. If you click on the main image @ http://www.ishkur.com/index.php

Youll get a flash pop-up detailing the full history of electronic music by linking all the genres including samples of each. I personally love the sharpness of the writer as well.

Tbh, I felt tempted to keep it to myself just to be a pretenous know it all, Damn nice side! :)

Enjoy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

saw that a few months ago (think i posted it here too but got no replies :o )

amazing piece of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

nice one,
    had a great night last night with it. And all this cos Ive been looking for terrorcore since I left holland :D

That guy must have been well placed to learn what he knows. Most people are lucky if they even know a tenth of whats mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

i saw that ages ago, somone posted it on another board i post on... have issues with a few of his categories / taxonomy but yea its a nice little snapshot...

go read "energy flash" by simon reynolds... THAT my boy is a bible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Thats pretty good. Had a good look through it last night. Well worth a look for all into the electronic/Dance scene. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

That site is sweet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I must be the only one who thinks its brutal :rolleyes: where is he getting half of these musical genres from they dont exist?(maybe they exist in his head)terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah I think you are Jonny.

brutal is a bit much, but its a bit... clueless...

TBH where is he getting these genres of dance music from?they dont exist only is his head..dance music is pigeonholed enough without the likes of this character making up styles that dont exist :rolleyes: :D

if your looking for a bible of sorts for dance music http://www.discogs.com/ is the only website to check,over 90% probably more of every single dance music record ever released..that's a serious database for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Na your not the only one. As impressed as I am with the effort, I found it all a bit taxing and unnecessary. I hate the sub-sub-genre bull to begin with usually.

Discogs is the king and always will be! I use it at home and used to use it when I was in music retail, as did everyone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

You're trying to compare chalk and cheese in all fairness lads.

I mean discogs is just a database of artists and what they've released/remixed/whatever.

This is just about explaining the history of dance and electronic music as best as he could. I mean did no one read the historical bit at the start? The guy clearly has some clue whats going on and even if its not 100% accurate, who cares?. Its worth a read through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Ah yeah I said I was impressed with the effort.

Just thought I'd big up discogs :D

www.rolldabeats.com is waaay better than discogs for stuff like oldschool breakbeat hardcore jungle and drum and bass though...

Advertisement