Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

We are not labrats THIS IS ABUSE!!!!!!!!!! Wouldn't happen to last years group oh no..........

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

I do believe--as was told by my teacher, that this year will be easy as its the last of the old cirriculum being tested...but then again that can mean it will be hard.
    So either Very Hard or Very Easiy(I doubt it will be average :o )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

my short note for french made me look so damn cool. "I have part for my birthday saturday, you like come?"

Haha, you know for the first time ever I wrote a letter more than 6-7 lines long...IT WAS 21 LINES LONG :eek: ....I got verbs all mixed up in the note though:
    There is party at my house on saturday
    will i see you and friend there
    i will speak to you on saturday?
    As you can see I never actually said would you like to come :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Holly Golightly

Rozabeez wrote:
    my short note for french made me look so damn cool. "I have part for my birthday saturday, you like come?"

lmao. Mine was like "I will be having a party at my house and I am giving you my invitation. Nicole is coming too. Je t'embrace" lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I kept repeating myself in the letter! "I am well, and you?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

My note consisted mostly of different versions of "I hope you can come", and "I'd like if you came" which was a stupid verb thing that I shouldn't have done because I know neither of those tenses particularly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

Rozabeez wrote:

Haha! My note said something like, "I am writing this note to you, Pierre, to tell you that I am celebrating a party next Saturday. I hope you will come. I will invite (male) friends at school. It will be fun! It is my birthday! I will be 15! It ended at 11:00."
    So apparently I can time-travel now and see when my party ended. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,667 ✭✭✭elefant

my letter was 2.5 pages... what a legend i am

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Pascal Du Carte

elefant wrote:

;)

What A Bowzie. Swotty Bagel :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Casserine

I was a little upset over the comprehensions and listening. :(

Ah well. My note was like this,

Claude, I am going to have a party at my house on saturday for my birthday. You would like to come? I invited friends at school. I look forward to it. It finished at 11pm. Okay? Goodbye for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

Mine was something like

Pascal, I'm organising a party at my house on Saturday for my birthday. Can you come? I'm inviting lots of school friends too. There will be music, food & we will dance! The party will be over at eleven o'clock. I hope you will come.

I love the way everything sounds so dorky when you translate it from French XD I can't believe they actually talk like the people in the textbooks do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

elefant wrote:

;)

Is it recommeded to have something between 125-150 words ? , how can you stay on topic for that long unless you're fluent in French ? :confused:

'I will invite (male) friends at school.' , why didn't you just say friends......what kind of party is this :D .

I know! I used ami, which is male, while amie is female, right? I signed my letter as a boy too, so it's certainly an all-male party. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

I think without the e can mean a mixed group of people too. XD

Yeah, I thought so - if you make it plural (amis) but I think I wrote just the one. So it'll be me, my friend from school and the French guy. Huge party ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

That's usually the rule alright - if there's both male and female things there you use the male version with an s...

And why havent I been invited to all these parties ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Smiley :)

hehe dat first reading comprehension was funny...a drunk bear, where do dey find these tings?!!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Smiley :) wrote:
    hehe dat first reading comprehension was funny...a drunk bear, where do dey find these tings?!!!! :p

France ?

The French are very eccentric people :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement