Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iriver in Car??

Options
  • 13-06-2005 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Just brought myself a 98 Fiesta and i was just wondering whats the best way to hook my Iriver h320 up to the radio/cassette?

Cheers :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

One of these... iRiver radio transmitter

Don't know if it would work in Ireland, different voltages in the States than over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

well you can use this radio transmitter thing, but they're technically illegal and are of dodgy quality. you can get those things which connect the lineout of the player to the tape deck by having a tape thing.

but if you're handy, and the car has it, i think the best thing is to connect the line out of the irvier to the line in of the car stereo system. i think you may have to sacrafice the cd player to do this.

explained better here

http://espn.com.com/4520-10166_7-6217000-1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

One of these... iRiver radio transmitter

Don't know if it would work in Ireland, different voltages in the States than over there.

It would probably work, but apparently these mini FM transmitters are illegal here and the only option (inside the law) is to get a cassette adapter. They retail for about 20 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Don't know about you, but i'd chance it. No-one would even recognise a FM transmitter if they saw one anyway. Alot better than the cassette adaptors, besides, radio cassette players in cars are few and far between these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

besides, radio cassette players in cars are few and far between these days.
    98 fiesta's likely to have one though

Those radio transmitters are pretty bad quality usually, I'd go for one of the tape deck thingies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Those tape things are ok but if the car stereo can take a cd changer then it sould have a line in which you could use for your iriver.
    Check the back of the car stereo if you can get it out for a white/black & red phone connector like what you find on a hifi (aux usually).
    Also you should try post in the car forum, lots of mechanics etc in there who'd know for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Most Pioneer Car Stereos have an blue block connector on the rear called the IP-Bus connector. You normally connect your CD Changer to it. This transmits signals to the CD changer but also accepts audio input from the changer into your head unit. Pioneer sell a kit called the CDRB10 which allows you to connect your mobile phone to the car stereo so if the phone rings, the radio mutes, etc. This also gives you an auxilliary audio input but Pioneer charge about €80 for it here in ripoffireland.

The best solution if to get something similar to this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=67763&item=5780348077&rd=1&ssPageName=WD2V#ebayphotohosting

Plug it in the back into the IP-Bus connector, enable the aux-in in the stereo (via hidden menu in Pioneers) and connect up a stereo mini jack to RCA lead. I bought a similar lead from Germany via eBay. €12 including postage. I have this cable coming throught the glove compartment so anytime I need to use it, I just open the glove box and pull the cable through.

This is a much much better job that those FM transmitters and casette adapters.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Thanks for all the advice ;)

Advertisement