Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography- how was it for you?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Po-2

The canal went all the way around the town...and across the map...

in the photograph im on about

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Po-2 wrote:
    in the photograph im on about

Right o..
    i didn't even look at that q.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

I need clarification on the photo part b

Traffic management is likely to be a priority for ...
    discuss validity of this statement

I talked about how they alleviate the traffic congestion - yellow lines, roundabouts, etc...

BUT i've heard that this is wrong. The answer is why traffic builds up i,e narrow streets, one bridging point.

Which answer is correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭|Maestro|

DId i mess up geofraphy yestersay?

for the section b on glaciers I talked about the extra water causing flooding and then fully explained levees and ox bow lakes

For the map i think i messed it all up
    for part a. i wrote abot the rail,road and canal just?

for the history of settlement i did neolithic,celtic and christian and got the dates for the christian ttally wrong,
    i also said that barrows are asssociated with the Neolithic, is that right?

and for the part c i discussed the settlement of dispersed,linear and nucleated???????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

only thing u did wrong was talk about ox bow lakes and leeves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Po-2

PHOTOGRAPHfor the traffic on the photo question i said how all the roads joined the one in the middle of the photo. and the parking on each side which could slow the flow of traffic with people pullin in and out and also could cause accidents.the canal wasn't very clear the photo.

Mapwas very tricky i thought Maestro the patterens i went blank on. said castles were a sign of settlement as people lived around them or close by for protction

Could be wrong

Advertisement