Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English

Options
  • 13-06-2005 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Ok i did HL english and i am just wondering is it hard to fail???
    For Paper one i did ok in the comprehension and the interview part b question , but my essay was **** very ****, 2 and 1/3 pages and not properly finished,

Paper 2 my poetry was good 4 pages, and unseen poem was ok, hamlet was 2 1/3 pages and Comparative was 3 pages,

I just a bit worried that i might have failed it, but i don't think i did,

can anyone reasure me about how hard they mark etc??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Finch*

well english was last wednesday man dunno why ur posting now...but....its not easy to fail english man, youll be grand, my hamlet was sh|te but everything else was great, as for marking, that depends entirely on the marker you get so u can't say really, if u feel you got an unfair mark then thats what the script viewing and remarking is for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Imo I'd say it is difficult to fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

yea know it was last wed but just worried bout it coz if ya fail english ya fail your leaving, I'ed say i'll pass it, my emily dickinson question was very good (learnt off)

I did ok answers a few quotes/ big words here there but was not great. so just hope i passed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

The passs rate is 99% ! You should be fine.

that 99% is very reasuring, coz i know i am way better than some people who did the honors, where did u get that 99% statistic from or did you make it up lol?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭jacksie

well teh paper was asking your opinions alot imo, so they cant not give you teh marks if you answered what you think of it properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Johnerr wrote:
    that 99% is very reasuring, coz i know i am way better than some people who did the honors, where did u get that 99% statistic from or did you make it up lol?
    It was in the Irish Times on Thursday if I remember correctly.

Good, i tink i'll get a d3 but i'll prolly do better, hopefully

Advertisement