Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French....

Options
  • 13-06-2005 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

So, French Tomorrow!!
    Whats everybody going studying for this??
    I'm thinkin:
    1) Formal Letters (Applying for a job, Making a Reservation / Complaint, School Exchange)
    2) Drugs In Sport, Terrorism, Pollution, Drugs & Alcohol, Olympic Games...
    3) Verbs & Tenses
    4) Grammer
    5) Aural (Because I'm **** @ It)

Anything else - Mucho Appreciated!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 d_mac

Spot on, I think. If I was betting on anything it would be drugs in sport because of when the paper was set.

For the aural, try learning the terms for the weather ... not that it will necessarily come up but it's one of the few areas in french where most of the terms don't sound like their english equivalents. Also, if you've got TV5, turn on the news to get your ear in (even if you don't understand exactly what they're talking about).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭The Failed God

"Je suis le screwed"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Je suis screwed aussi, je pense que je ne serai pas ecrire demain matin.

You can probably see from my french that I'm so f*cked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lillywhite

my teacher thinks an insurance letter might come up as it has never been asked!!also topics such as health, obesity and shopping.
    im dreading the aural!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 love_the_chocol

An insurance letter?? what da fook?? Never herad of one of those b4 in french
    ?? wanna post it?
    I dont know what im goin over, really should start
    Eh drugs in sport, environment, eu enlargement, that head scarfie thing in france, drugs/alcomahol, eh anything i should take out r add???
    Im foocked otherwise :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

Moi, aussi je suis baisé(screwed). je suis nul dans le cassette. O la la!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shinny-dee

moi aussi wats an insurance letter?yeah informal/formal all im doin pour demain!god i hate french. can u post somethin on dat head scarf thing??ive nothin done on religion except le mort du papa pour mon francais oral so kinda fcuked!!emm i think health a big one an yeah drugs n sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mrs. hamlet

I'm predictin no formal letter! A message instead or maybe an informal letter...

Topics: Healthy eating/obesity , terrorism/war, religion, internet, drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭jacksie

just learn loads of verbs and you'll fly it:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mrs. hamlet

Exactly! I'm not learnin' any topics, they are just what i think mite cum up!
    But as long as you know your verbs, you r sound!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cotsy

Anyone know if you have to do a special layout for an email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 gaagirl

no particular layout for an email just the day and date at the top. a letter of complaint could be very possible. we can rule out la vitesse and anything to do with driving and buses. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

gaagirl wrote:
    no particular layout for an email just the day and date at the top. a letter of complaint could be very possible. we can rule out la vitesse and anything to do with driving and buses. . .

Ah crap! Never thought of that. And our teacher made us learn loads of vocab on road safety and traffic problems which of course I diligently learned... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 willire

this is a massive if but if the had road accidents or the like on the paper and they had to change it a few weeks back could they put up other stuff in the news at that time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I'm so f*cked now I'm really panicking I just spent the last few hrs watching tv (what the f*ck is wrong with me?), I think I'm gonna have to do an all-nighter to maybe actually learn some basic french. How the hell do I get myself into this mess? :mad:

Advertisement