Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning with a fish counter?

• 13-06-2005 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

I was just looking at the Irish Planning Regulations charter of 2001, and when I came across various bits of terminology that are explained I had to give a rye snigger when I read this... among other words such as "amusement arcade"; "airport"; "betting office" ; "business premises"....

"fish counter" - means a device capable of mechanically or electrically enumerating fish as they pass a specific point or area.

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Brenner wrote:

"fish counter" - means a device capable of mechanically or electrically enumerating fish as they pass a specific point or area.

:rolleyes:

Whats so funny about it? Theyre used quite a lot in this country to count how many salmon go up a river, etc.

Just ask your local fisheries board :)

Advertisement