Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ordinary level french!

Options
  • 13-06-2005 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

anyone any advise/tips/vocab/phrases for section 2 of the paper? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I'll post some up if I can find my notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

good man yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

yea do, i'm going to drop from higher to ordinary tomorrow, looking for a hight
    B

do you guys think the comprehensions are hard? and could someone post the format of the letter and some some opening lines and closing lines for letters and postcards please

Nous allons au cinema ce soir avec mes amies.
    I'm going to the cinema tonight with my friends.

Est ce que tu veux venier avec nous.
    Would you like to come with us?

Je telephonerai ce soir entre 7 heurres et 8 heurres.
    I will ring you tonight between 7 and 8.

J'arriver á Paris le dix juin.
    You will arrive in paris on 10th of June.

Je resterai dans un hotel de la poste.
    I will stay in Hotel de la Poste.

Est ce que tu peut me retrouver au cafe des Auisa 6 heurres.
    Can you come and meer me at cafe des auis at six o'clock?

Je dois aller au bibliotheque pour rendre un lire.
    I have to go to the library to return a book.

Je ferrai les courses en rentrant á la maison.
    I will do the shopping when I get home.

J'echaterai un gateaux et un boite du coke.
    I will buy a cake and a bottle of coke.

Est ce que tu peut reserve un taxi pour 20 heurres.
    Would you book a taxi for 8 o'clock.

Je suis allé au cafe poir retrouver des amis.
    I have gone to a cafe to meet some friends.

Est ce que tu peut opporte parce que Je n'aurai pas azzez.
    Breing money because I don't have enough.

Quand tu etais sorti, ton frere a telephone.
    While you were out, your brother called.

Il telephonera demains ce soir.
    He will ring back tomorrow evening.

brilliant! You sir, are a legend

• Advertisement

Don't bother with the letter. Do the first question in the writing section (Section II I think) which is question (a). It's bascially a fill in the blanks question. It's a choice of the fill in the blanks or filling out a simple survey/ application form. Then for part B you are given the coice between either the message or the post card. The message would go something like this:

Leave a message for Marie with whom you are staying with in Grenoble; Say that;
    • You will be home from your part-time job late this evening
    • Therre will be a good film on Canal + at 10 O'clock
    • Ask her to tape the programme for you

Date, time
    Marie,
    Je rentrai tard ce soir de mon petit boulot. Il y aura un bon film sur canal+ a dix heurres. Est ce que peux enregistrer pour moi sil vous plait?
    A bientot!

It looks very short here but that'll take up at least four of the 7 lines you're given not including the time and day at the top and A bientot at the bottom

Johnerr wrote:
    yea do, i'm going to drop from higher to ordinary tomorrow, looking for a hight
    B

do you guys think the comprehensions are hard? and could someone post the format of the letter and some some opening lines and closing lines for letters and postcards please

the comprehesions are unbelievably easy, the 1st 2 comprehesions need about three words for an answer! and the last two need a sentence or 2!

youll be grand ;)

good what grade are you looking for in french? and what time is the listenig on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I really do feel sorry for all those doing french, ordinary or higher, I've done both in the past and they've both boggled me.

anything over a C2 id be happy with, what about yourself?

i think the listenin is on 10 mins after the writin...

• Advertisement

hopefully a B1 is i get my act together now and just double cheak my verbs so i don;t make any mistakes with the tenses, did an ok oral, and should do fine in the reading comps and in the wirtten part, i;m ok at listening aswell.

I'd say I got about a C1 I'd say in my oral so I'm gunna go for the B1 in this exam. That's a big improvment from what I got in my mocks. 54% This time tomorrow, I'll only have two exams left and I'll be even more srewed for history.

i got 45% in honors french so i don't wana chance failing it coz i ainted done any work for it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Eugh. I always thought I was half-decent at French. Even with the worst teacher in the world, when I dropped down to Ordinary I assumed that an A1 in that level was a given. Then, for the first time, I took a look at the exam papers today.

It's easy. I know it. But I'm still ****ed.

Goddamn me.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

i was in honours and have to drop to pass along with the 17 other girls in my honours class, our teacher is a fruity tutty!! she was out for half the year and last year we watched romeo and juliet in english in the french class. then this year i worked my asse off for the oral and when i did it...ten minutes later michael the examiner called me to the office and said he didnt record it and could i do it agin....so french is now my nightmare....only its real!! ordinary should be ok...just am **** at any type of letter or written...woopsie daisies!!

Advertisement