Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Penalty points on a Provisional to a Full

Options
  • 13-06-2005 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

I recieved 2 Penalty Points about a year and a half ago when I was on my 3rd Provisional. I had to get another Provisional to do my test, and I passed.

Here's the question...

Will my 2 points be on my full Licence?

The reason i ask is because my Full Driving Licence number is different to my Provisional.

Thanks in advance
    Neuro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yes, they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes they will but don't they only stand for 2 years from date of when you receive them? If so then they should be no longer valid in 6 months time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

3 years from the date you recieve them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

ubu wrote:
    3 years from the date you recieve them.

Thanks, I thought it was 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

I've just had a look at the Penalty Points web site. I was looking for info to see if there was a different threshold between provisional and full licences for someone to be put off the road. AFAIK in the UK a provisional licence holder can only accumulate 6 points before being taken off the road. A full licence holder can accumulate 12 points as we have here.
    Anyone know?

• Advertisement
Advertisement