Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anybody got any funny/weird dreams they'd like to tell us about

• 13-06-2005 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭

i had one lastnight; went like this...

i had stayed overnight in a friends house about a mile and a half from my own home (in my dream). i decided to leave about i suppose 12:00pm or around that time of day. i was walking home when i looked down to realise that i had forgotten to put on my jeans. shoes and all were on, just no jeans. there were loads of people around and there i was walking down the road in my boxer shorts. i was mortified, but came up with an idea. i started jogging to try and make people not notice that i'd forgotten my jeans. i was hoping they'd just think i was out exercising. i met people i knew and i could hear them laughing as i ran past, so my plan wasn't working. suddenly i looked down again and discovered my jeans were on me again. so i stopped running. left me thinking though... what were they laughing at if i really had my jeans on. maybe the embarrassed look on my face as i ran past.

if you've had a funny dream lately, share it here on boards.
    i think it could make for a really good thread on boards, and some really good reading. sweet dreams! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭JimboPope

Funny you should start this thread, last night I had the most bizzare dream I can remember.

Basically I was in a hotel room in new york who's window looked exactly like my own bedroom window, ledge and all.
    Morrisey of the smiths fame was standing on the window ledge and filming me claiming he has a sex tape of me, he claimed he was going to put it on the internet or sell it to the press. I ended up dragging him in from outside the window, we had a scuffle and I took the camera from his hand and got the film out. He made a scramble for the window to get back outside and I threw him out of the thing to his death. I was bricking it because loads of people saw it was me who threw him out.
    T'was a bit mad.

I then dreamed that something about sting and how he always likes to arrive in a new country the day after he is supposed to, but I cant remember all the details of that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Whenever my texts don't send,I ring this particular friend of mine from private number and it usually makes the text deliver. I've been doing it to him for years and he still doesn't know it's me. In fact I barely ever see him anymore!
    Anyway,a few nights ago I had a dream that he called the cops about it and they tracked me down and I got into ****.
    It was pretty funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭oddlyaromatic

I once had a dream as kid that I was on the road outside my house (in de country) and I couldn't move. That seemed fine, but they there's this big blue Ford tractor bearing down on me and I'm like what the **** is this? but I still can't move and just as it's about to hit me I wake up and I'm like Jesus. Or whatever you say when your five.

Since then I have harboured a suspicion of tractors. Multi-tasking brutes that they are.

It's weird that I remember that dream the most.

I was James Bond once. That was pretty cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,603 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I had a dream when I was a kid where I was in the garden of my old house, and there was a big hairy monster (resembling chewie) roaring at me, and i was sihtting myself. Then i thought that it was probably a dream, so i put my hand up to my ear and pulled my ear off, and looked at it in my hand, and then i thought "yep, its definitely a dream".

When I was about 15 i dreamt i was a spice girl, which was worrying, to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

The lack of pants dream is commonly interpreted as a subconscious expression of the conscious fear about being 'exposed' about something that you're hiding in your life.

A second interpretation is that it's a subconscious expression of a fear of being 'unprepared' about something in your life.

Every now and again, I get the dream about doing my LC Irish, sitting there looking at the exam paper and thinking 'I'm 35, I have a degree, what the hell am I doing LC Irish for?', then waking up in a cold-sweat.

I also get lots of dreams around variations on the reoccuring theme of travelling on a train somewhere, knowing it was going in the wrong direction, panicking, getting on a different train and getting further away again. This supposedly is an expression of you being unhappy with your direction in life *cough!*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

I'm walking through a field of lush green grass which is as high as my shoulders. Ahead of me is a "wall" of huge pine trees. When I reach them I stop and look up; and when I do a huge voice says "here you go". At which point a huge crate falls from the sky and crashes to the ground beside me.
    When it opens a bumble-bee (about the size of a closed fist) flies out and heads straight for me, and as it does I notice it has a human face.

So I run, as fast as I possibly can go, through this long grass while this bee is chasing me - and from the corner of my eye I notice someone else is running with me too.

When I think I can go no further I trip and crash into the grass.

Terrified, I can hear this bee getting closer and when it gets to me it jumps on my chest, up and down, shouting "wake up!, wake up!"

and then I do......

(I think that dream may be more on the weird side than funny)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I had a dream last night that I was on Celebrity Love Island :eek: . I always have mad dreams after the weekend when the drink is leaving my system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Last night's dream was a bit strange alright... I was walking along with my ex-bf and we weren't back together but we were holding hands and I was flirting my ass off, then suddenly we stole a double decker Dublin bus, drove up to a pub where my parents were and ate their chicken wings. Then I woke up :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

after a heavy weekend on the beer and drinking copious amonts of fluid on sunday to recover, i was dreaming in the wee hours that night that i really needed to pee but couldnt find anywhere to go. then i decided feck it i'll just have to pee out in the open and i awoke suddenly...just in the nick of time and legged it to the jacks. twas a very close call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭NikNik

I had a dream my little brother hatched out of an egg. He looked pretty odd cuz he was a bird's body with his own human-sized head. He flew down to the ground and started pecking the ground. He had no beak so it was pretty awkward for him. I felt really sorry for him but sure, what can you do in these situations. He left cute little birdie footprints behind him, bless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭IANOC

men in white coats despatched !!!!

:D

Advertisement