Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if you don't show up for an exam?

Options
  • 13-06-2005 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭

I took up Economics for a while, but then swiftly dropped it after my mock when realised I hated it, and didn't need to do it. However, those nice Exams people will be expecting me to show up to do their quiz on Wed. 23rd as I haven't told any higher authorities about it. Does anyone know if I don't show up on the day will I get a fail beside economics when I get my results, or will it just not show up at all? I'd rather not have an NG/F beside one of my exams even if it doesn't mean anything. Also anyone know who, if anyone, I should contact to let them know Im not doing the exam?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

As far as I know you can turn up or not turn up for whatever exams you want... any scripts presented with your exam number on them will be marked and affixed to your results.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Normaly, if you quit a subject the school makes the changes (if the teacher knows)..

Otherwise, say it to the examiner when you see them.

Oh and, remember that sheet you had to sign of all your subjects and crap - was Economics on the list??

Id speak to the examiner/principal..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Sully04 wrote:
    Normaly, if you quit a subject the school makes the changes (if the teacher knows)..

Otherwise, say it to the examiner when you see them.

Oh and, remember that sheet you had to sign of all your subjects and crap - was Economics on the list??

Id speak to the examiner/principal..

I'm giving my the examiner in my centre an extra day's pay. I'm the only one doing economics in the whole school and I don't even go there :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

GDM wrote:
    I'm giving my the examiner in my centre an extra day's pay. I'm the only one doing economics in the whole school and I don't even go there :D

well if u dont show.. she leaves ;) So really it doesnt affect her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

It's gonna be weird sitting in a room that normally has at least thirty to fifty people all by my lonesome. I think I'm the only one in the place doing economics but I may be wrong, is anyone else here doing their exams in Dunshaughlin Community College.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Nope, it doesn't appear on your results sheet. I did the same last year with Geography after I'd signed all the forms I dropped it cause I realised I didn't need it for points. I was doing it outside school so the teachers didn't need to tell them eithrer. Just let your supervisor know so they won't send someone looking for you on the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 gaagirl

if u sent ur really smart cousin or friend or something in to do ur exams, no one would no wud they? u cud register in another school where noone knows u or them, get them to sign your name, earn you points and theyd earn themselves a tidy sum! its a thought for anyone whos really stuck next year. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Cheers guys, much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

why not just sit it anyway..?

economics is handiest subject goin with one of the highest % of pass rates and A's..

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

when i say that, i mean you'll get a pass which could come in useful if sumthin else goes awry

• Advertisement
Advertisement