Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partial Maths II (H) Solutions

Options
  • 13-06-2005 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

In the attached PDF file... had planned on doing the whole paper but only ended up doing most of questions 1 to 3... got bored. I'll have a complete set done on Wednesday.

Oh, and I probably got less in maths than most of you so if/when you see any errors please point them out so I can fix them. And if anyone wants to contribute further solutions that'd be handy.

G'luck,
    Bob

Edit: updated file, fixed a silly divide-by-0 error. Blame tiredness! Not me! :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭sixdraw

do i see you dividing by zero to get zero in your solutions? One of the biggest things you never do is divide by zero.its infinity anyways not zero.
    Allthough you are right in saying the line is parallel to the y-axis as the slope of this line is infinity. a line of slope 0 is parralel to the x-axis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Possibly... I'm quite tired today although still, blasphemy! I've modified the file, thanks for pointing it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

3 (a) also asked for the equation of the line passing through p perpindicular to L2, not just fo teh point p. Only spotted that at the very end but in my rush i messed up the slope (d'oh!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Vectors Q 2 (a) isnt right i think. You were asked where the point was methinks not to rearranged it in terms of a and b.

If you draw the parrelellelelgram and follow the steps of 1/2a then 1/2b then -c you find d is below the gram. I dont have paint on this pc to illustrate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Rnger wrote:
    parrelellelelgram
    :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Got this for parallelogram thing, I think it's what Rnger means

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

maybe its what he means. Def not what i got. i got it in the same height except it is to the left in the centre. Maybe i'm wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

A good few people seemed to get that but then after much discussion they thought I was probably right. I really don't know to be honest - it's 1.66% of the exam and you'll get an attempt mark anyway so I wouldn't worry over it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

That image for the vector is correct btw.

I drew in each of the vectors also to illustrate how I got my answer.
    vectors.gif

Advertisement