Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Account for teens

Options
  • 13-06-2005 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Hey, I'm 15 and I'd like to open a bank account so i put some money in an account and take it out at ATMs when i need it. Are there certain types of current accounts especially suitable for teens?

Can anyone recommend a bank or a certain account type within that bank?

Diarmsquid

What bank offers the best current account for teenagers? 1 vote

AIB
    0% 0 votes
    Bank Of Ireland
    0% 0 votes
    Permanent TSB
    0% 0 votes
    Ulster Bank
    100% 1 vote
    Other (please specify below)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Most banks have a student account program. Think it covers 2nd and 3rd level students.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Cool, any which bank would you recommend?

i'm with AIB but reccommend Bank of Ireland, they're the only bank that's 100% free, they pay teh stamp duty for your account themselves.

Anyone with BOI and can compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Had a current account with AIB since I have been about 11. The stamp duty is a bit of a pain but the service is better with AIB than BOI or so I hear.

You can always open up two accounts, one in BOI and one in AIB. Get all the freebies and stuff and close down which ever one you don't like after a while. Its what I did :)

• Advertisement

Not a bad idea :rolleyes: ..

Might do that.
    And what about any other banks? PermanentTSB or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I work for AIB but i bank with BoI. Either way you're grand, they're the two major banks in this country and starting relations with them when you're young is a great idea.

The other banks like permanentTSB are still very much on a smaller scale and probably can't offer as much in way of offers.

Wait til around september, which is when you can get all the student deals.

Really? I was kinda thinking of taking one out for the summer. Will it be worth it to wait?

Advertisement