Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moisture damage??

Options
  • 13-06-2005 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭

Sent my fone to a club nokia centre to be fixed, just completely broke and said local mode on the screen, but they returned it unrepaired saying it was moisture damaged. But i've never dropped the fone in water/spilled anything on it. Can anyone explain this?
    Fraud of the highest degree in my opinion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

:D
    heard it b4
    what kind of phone is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

that happened tome before when i went to mprc to get a 7600 repaired. i never ever even took it out of the box.i only took it out of the box to bring it to mprc to get flashed.when they told me i started laughing and they said they cannot do anything about it.

anyway wolfman might be able to help u as he is knowledge about his phones,good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

It could be from Damp.. I had a brand new 6210 in my pocket (when they first came out) and was out sailing. I was totally dry, but the damp in the air broke the phone. The screen started loosing lines, so there'd be a blank strip across the screen makeing it hard to read messages. This was just after replacing the screen for 70 I think euro. I also got caught in the rain once and took my wet trousers off and changed. When I got back, I took out my phone and it was water damaged! I was so annoyed.. Oh well, I learned from the experience.. Basically, it happens really easily is what I'm trying to say, and it's your own fault..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Wez wrote:
    The screen started loosing lines, so there'd be a blank strip across the screen makeing it hard to read messages.

that sounds more like the Elastomer display issue that plagued several Nokia models a few years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

I ahd the same problem with a 6310, it just turned off one day and wouldn't come back on, dropped it into mobile repair place in santry and whn came back next day, they said it was moisture damage. Phone was never near moisture as i said this to them.

Anyway, they said it couldn't be fixed, but they gave me my money back.

Then i just left the phone lying in the car ofr 3 months or so, one day i decided to connect the charger...charge bars appeared on screen, then turned it on, and on it came and it's been working ever since.....

maybe leave ur phone lying on a radiatior or something, u never know...

• Advertisement
Advertisement