Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was Maths P2 H/O reprinted cus it was a booklet.not fold-out

Options
  • 13-06-2005 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

on maths paper 1 the H/O was a big fold-out sheet, but paper 2 H/O was a booklet? was this a coincidence

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

i was thinking that. I dunno. They could have changed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Dekken

I was thinkin that too, cause i was going to write somewhere on my answer book, "wtf is with the **** design, honestly!" or something along those lines, probably without the "wtf"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I believe it's just because there are 3 more questions in paper II and they wouldn't have fit on a fold-out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Bob wrote:
    I believe it's just because there are 3 more questions in paper II and they wouldn't have fit on a fold-out.
    yes, and hence easier to stick a couple of staples in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Ordinary level was the same!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 daxon

yeah thats true.is there option questions on ordinary level? only why 2 find out is to get a real exam paper from any other previous year and if its a booklet then your right.other wise id save paper by printing those extra 3 questions on the ones with BLANK PAGE on a fold out

Regardless, if it was a reprint then be thankful 'cos they couldn't possibly have made it much easier. Also, in case anyone mentions it, it could not have been reprinted / replaced due to the reaction to paper I - it's just not feasible to do it in 5 days (inclusive).

well then u didn't here about the whole of ENGLISH PAPER BEING RE-PRINTED

on the wedensday morning.. day of exam

there was stuff about roads and car crashed and an essay about being on a bus.
    since the bus crash 2 weeks ago then had to scrap it the night before.
    they ran out of time 2 re-print j.c. papers that still had the bus stuff on it..

+ THE GOV MAKES LIKE 5 different maths papers cus if one getts out and is sold on blak market they can use a different one

daxon wrote:
    well then u didn't here about the whole of ENGLISH PAPER BEING RE-PRINTED

on the wedensday morning.. day of exam

there was stuff about roads and car crashed and an essay about being on a bus.
    since the bus crash 2 weeks ago then had to scrap it the night before.
    they ran out of time 2 re-print j.c. papers that still had the bus stuff on it..

+ THE GOV MAKES LIKE 5 different maths papers cus if one getts out and is sold on blak market they can use a different one

Sorry, but I'm tired... bollocks. The English paper was not reprinted on the day of the exam. Think about that, just for a moment, think of the logistics of it... you gobdaw. It was reprinted over the course of a week or so before the exam. The decision to reprint was taken on May 26.

Yes, there are different sets of papers but they are not all printed... the main set is printed and then if needed one of the spare sets is printed although the last time it happened (before this year) was 1994 when the English paper was allegedly leaked and subsequently replaced with an alternate paper that did not feature Yeats - students felt the original paper definitely featured him and were thusly aggrieved.

Gobdaw. The fscking ink wouldn't be dry if it was reprinted on Wednesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Pretty sure it wouldnt be a relatively big job to send out a back up, they would have been prepared for it anyway. Also, im not sure (because i havent really watched telly/radio lately) was there much of a backlash in the media or was it just on here?

• Advertisement

don't blame me blame the Irish independent article i read on saturday.thats what it said.
    Ink drys pretty fast nowadays

ColHol: The only coverage I've read is the page per day on the previous day's exams in the Independent and whatever's on here. A couple of lads mentioned people on the radio being mad about it but as far as I can remember the Indo didn't think it was too bad.

I still stand by my claim that the Dept. could not have provided alternate papers between 1200 Thursday and 0930 Monday - the exam would have had to be rescheduled if they chose to do that. Also that they would not have provided alternate papers based merely upon some media/student reaction to paper I.

The Comission had come under fire for not reprinting the Junior Cert paper which contained an essay about travelling on a school bus. It said it was not feasible to do so, given the short time between the Navan bus tragedy and the start of the exams.

But it emerged last night that the Commission had, in fact, used that time to reprint the paper for the Leaving Certificate students which contained other material in a number of questions that would probably have caused even greater upset.

Wednesday morning? Bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

But it emerged last night that the Commission had, in fact, used that time to reprint the paper for the Leaving Certificate students which contained other material in a number of questions that would probably have caused even greater upset.
    I think they meant the time between the bus crash and the leaving cert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

They didn't reprint the Leaving Cert English, what they did though was distribute all the alternative papers which is still a major task in itself.

Advertisement