Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

XP menu prob

• 13-06-2005 8:16pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I know there is prob an easy answer to this one, but i have a problem with my all programs menu in XP.
    Basically I have a load of stuff in the menu but am unable to see it all.
    just wondering if there is an option to see all items via extended menu or something?

pic attched to explain!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

I don't use that type of menu, use the classical one, but I say you want to:

right click the start menu button>properties>advanced>tick scroll programs and click okay. I can't test this as I don't have, and I doubt anyone has any reason for that programs listed like you have.

Rather than trying to show them all, you should delete the ones you don't need, and sort the rest. For example, you probally don't need things that are associated with the files you want already, such as image viewers, video, music players, torrent downloaders, etc'

You can quickly sort through all that crap by right clicking the start button, and going to explore all users, or just explore. Explore all users affects the menu shown in everyones profile if its available, and explore just effects the current user. Make like 6 main folders, maybe something like, internet, media, office, tools, games etc And then stick the relevant shortcuts into each one. Only has to be done once and it will stop that thing taking up your whole screen and making you spend ages trying to find stuff.

You can then just click and hold and move around the menus in the actual start menu to set the order they appear.

See:
    menus8yt.png

[edit] I'm guessin all that black was put there by you to cover your program names and it isn't actually like that, and thats not the problem? :S, lol maybe I'm wrong...maybe its font issue like suggested below, BUT STILL could tidy that lot up be easier on yerself.[/edit]

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Were you playing around with desktop settings like fonts by any chance ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Cheers Gideon,

Arranging all the items in folders worked fine,
    back to being able to see stuff again!!

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

or increase monitor resolution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

lol, some dual screen goodness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement