Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BREAKING NEWS: Verdict reached in Michael Jackson case

• 13-06-2005 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

And will be made public within next 60 minutes.

On all news channels now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

There's a live audio feed from the courtroom also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

exciting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

And yet again ITV looses Celeb Love Island ratings!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

i think he will be found innocent of child abuse but guilty of supplying alcohol to childern how about you guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'm actually surprised he hasnt gone on the run, a la OJ. Maybe hes very confident.

I actually think he could be found guilty. Even if there is doubt on the side of the jurers on this case, the old Mud sticks line comes to mind. Every one of the jurors would know of the past accusations and that may sway them if they are unsure.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Stekelly wrote:
    I'm actually surprised he hasnt gone on the run, a la OJ. Maybe hes very confident.

I actually think he could be found guilty. Even if there is doubt on the side of the jurers on this case, the old Mud sticks line comes to mind. Every one of the jurors would know of the past accusations and that may sway them if they are unsure.

mud will stick, and has stuck, but I don't think this case has enough evidence to convict him. I mean, the family are the only people to give anything that the prosecution can't destroy and their reputations have been consistantly picked at.

I don't know if he did it or not, but I don't think any court could convict him on such poor evidence, then again this is an American court and a very extraordinary case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

WHere is this live courtroom coverage!!
    Link please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

then click on "Watch/Listen to BBC News" under the heading TODAY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭steviem

not guilty on all counts

Hands up if you'd let him babysit!

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Hands up if you'd let him babysit!

Mike.

/me looks the other way.

Well that's that. As I've said all along about the possible verdict, I'll respect whatever the jury decide and I can only hope that they came to it for a good reason, and not just because of what they read 10 years ago, what they thought after watching Bashir's "journalism" or what their favourite record of all time is.
    Lets just hope that Jacksons team finally cop onto themselves and realise that not saying anything for fear of their job isn't a credibe excuse anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Quantum

JUSTICE was done and a corrupt prosecutor who has had a vendeta against MJ for ten years has been given the finger by the jury who didn't even give him the gesture of a guilty verdict on supplying alcohol to under 21s.

A bunch of lying grifters tried to shake down MJ and destroy, with the cullusion of the prosecutor, a guy who never fitted any variation of any kind of child molestor profile and who is simply a truly damaged, eccentric and mixed up man/boy and has never done anything to hurt a child in his life.

I think he should leave the US which has a vendeta against celebrity black people, and go and live in the Pacific Islands or somewhere similar where he can find peace and freedom, and then get back to his music career.

Quantum wrote:
    I think he should leave the US which has a vendeta against celebrity black people, and go and live in the Pacific Islands or somewhere similar where he can find peace and freedom, and then get back to his music career.

Without dragging this off topic too much, I don't think he has a music career anymore. I mean, his last album was by no means a success and all of these allegations, while proven to be false, will surely damage him for the rest of his life.

Who's to say though? There's talk of him making a come back at the US leg of the Live 8 concert.

Quantum wrote:

I think he should leave the US which has a vendeta against celebrity black people,

:p

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Quantum

Just watching the jurors interviews. They were asked did they find ANY of the 150+ prosecution witness credible.... Their response - the phone company employees and one of two extremely minor factual witnesses. This said it all - a case that should never have gotten to court.

On the MJ career... he's a young guy - who can possibly say his career is over especially in the light of the worldwide sales of his albums all through the case. He surely has way too much innate talent.

I find many people's comments on his lifestyle unbelievably bizarre. I hear people say basically that because he had children in the bedroom at all meant he should have been found guilty. I also hear peope say that this is an endorsement of his lifestyle. I don't swallow any of this crap. The truth of the situation is that the case was about criminal activity, and having children in his bedroom and in his bed while he was sleeping on the floor is NOT a criminal offence. It maye be weird and unusual and mayeb even inappropriate and immoral. But it's not a crime. And in the end out of thousands and thousands of children who also shared his bedroom and spent time in his bed, the prosecution could only come up with two families of lyers and grifters. This speaks volumes in my opinion.

The media will never pronounce him innocent because they sell no extra papers by doing so. It's in their interest to maintain a smearing innuendo.

Quantum wrote:
    Just watching the jurors interviews. They were asked did they find ANY of the 150+ prosecution witness credible.... Their response - the phone company employees and one of two extremely minor factual witnesses. This said it all - a case that should never have gotten to court.

What two witnesses, and what were the phone company people saying? Was that about the phone calls made from Neverland during the alleged kidnapping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Hi
    I for one am glad this is over for MJ, jesus sneddon has had it in for Jackosn for a long time and brought a 4million dollar suit against him as something personal with little or no hope of winning and was hoping pas allegations would stick. Fair play to the judge who instructed the Jury to forget what happend in the early 90's. Yea Jackson is messed up a little granted he really is not all there but what a talent he was and still is. When the new album comes out i shall buy it on the first day and add it to the rest of the music i have by this performer.

Just read through the lyrics below. Sneddon must be pissed now knowing another song is on the way. Maybe Jackon should release this :D

D.S.
    Written and composed by Michael Jackson From the HIStory Album

They wanna get my ass
    Dead or alive
    You know he really tried
    To take me down by surprise
    I bet he missioned with the CIA
    He don’t do half what he say

Tom Sneddon is a cold man
    Tom Sneddon is a cold man, now