Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Credit checks on 2nd hand cars

Options
  • 13-06-2005 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is a way to do a credit check on 2nd hand cars i.e. find out if there is money owed by the seller to a finance company? I'm looking at changing my car and don't want to get stung. I'm asking because this happened to someone I know and they only found out after they had paid out to the seller who then disappeared with the money.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is a company called HPI Ltd in Dublin that can do a check for you. Tel: (01) 2600905. They charge €15 for the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Go raibh mile.

That was bloody quick well done that man.

Advertisement