Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from after hours

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I think there's a slight misunderstanding relating to my earlier comment.

Why on earth should mods have to respond to comments such as the ones bonzai bob posted above?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

ecksor wrote:
    Why on earth should mods have to respond to comments such as the ones bonzai bob posted above?

...for the hookers and coke???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

amp wrote:
    If you want to post outside of the harsh restrictions of After Hours, the Cuckoo's Nest will welcome your crap with open arms. However, it may not generate the results you expect.

Also, in my opinion you're a moron. But that's only my opinion, which is over five years better than yours.

well in my OPINION you are a muppet, wow you were a member of boards for 5 years more than i am, well done, your medal is in the post. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

amp has his fair share of medals.

He's earned them.

*salutes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

OK lets forget about it all, i was wrong, i got banned for a week and i'm sure i'll cope, close thread please

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

why is this thing open?
    maybe the mods don't bent to your will ('',)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

OK lets forget about it all, i was wrong, i got banned for a week and i'm sure i'll cope, close thread please

Hell no, it's just getting interesting! Tell us more of your ideas on how to run boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

/me stabs thread sideways

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

"bull****, if you're going to do a job then do it fúckin right. "

"job" implies pay. So since I've taken the time to reply to your post.... that'll be 100 quid please!

DeV.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

damn thats an upclass poster ho! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

in my opinion if you are saying that my thread should have been put in the film section, then 80% of after hours threads could be moved to different sections. I think after hours should be less strict, if someone posts a thread with something illegal then lock it but if its a thread about whatever, if theres no interest in the thread then it will slowly drift away, if there is then it should be there :confused:

I say loosen up a bit when it comes to AH, and by doing so it will make less work for the mods

OPINIONS

insightful. if only youd been around when boards.ie started. you could have had some useful input into the setting up this beautiful nirvana.

by the way, how would less work be made for the mods?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

DeVore wrote:
    "job" implies pay. So since I've taken the time to reply to your post.... that'll be 100 quid please!

I'd pay if I were you
    DeV knows no bounds when it comes to revenge...

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

i find the mods to be the most Intolerant type of people you ask then why you got banned and they just seem to attack you with there aggressive responses calling you stupid and other crap

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

johnnyc wrote:
    i find the mods to be the most Intolerant type of people you ask then why you got banned and they just seem to attack you with there aggressive responses calling you stupid and other crap
    Example?

bonzai bob wrote:
    bull****, if you're going to do a job then do it fúckin right. If you can't spare 2 seconds to let them know why banned/deleted their posts then don't do it. If it's really beyond your capabilities then organise it so an automatic pm is sent to the person in question.

How did I miss this priceless gem?

I never pm people when I ban them. I want them to go through a certain level of confusion as they cannot find the forum they posted in. Sometimes they pm me and I usually reply. I find this method usually makes people remember getting banned and therefore more careful not to get banned.

Keep your nose clean Bob, I'm a sucker for irony, but I don't charge as much as Dev ;)

ok go to this link and theres a mod called bazh look at his comments. especially if you are a united fan was he banned no.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=261123

johnnyc wrote:
    ok go to this link and theres a mod called bazh look at his comments. especially if you are a united fan was he banned no.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=261123
    Bazh isn't mod on Humour.

Outside of their own forums, moderators are just normal users. Report and complain about them as you would anyone else.

I did see reports for that post, and while tasteless, I didn't deem it necessary for me to step in as Smod. The actual mod of that forum might think otherwise.

i reported that post nothing was done about it? usual protected lot

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

johnnyc wrote:

Use the report post option. Possible the mod didn't see your request yet. Then post in feedback forum or a PM to the admins.

Moderators have no powers outside thier own forums and still answer to admins in the forum they moderate. Mods do get banned from other forums and mods do get de-mod for muppetry. Cat mods I believe are to stop general stupidity and not moderate a forum based on its rules. Super mods are to deal with serious trouble makers until an admin can get around to it (again don't moderate forums like normal moderators).

johnnyc wrote:
    I already told you, I didn't feel it warranted my attention, though the mod of Humour might do something. They may not have seen it yet.

• Advertisement

i know it has nothing to do with you but i posted a reply to karn (the mod of humor) he didn't even reply that he recieved my complaint and didn't do anything towards does insightful comments of bash. No wonder theres alot of complains about the quality of moderators. there should be a grade system for moderators

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

would it be possible to get a "read receipt" (in the same manner for PM's) for reported posts? Not sure if it was possible but it would be a simple idea and would allow a reporter to know that a mod has, at the very least, seen the report.

johnnyc wrote:
    i know it has nothing to do with you but i posted a reply to karn (the mod of humor) he didn't even reply that he recieved my complaint and didn't do anything towawah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah bleat

What do you think we do all day? Sit in the boards.ie command centre waiting for your complaints? Some of us have jobs, school, WoW addictions.

We do vital work that keeps boards running. We do it for nothing. Shut the fuck up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

The lack of WOW this morning is getting to you too eh?

amp theres no need in using that language.

joe. wrote:
    The lack of WOW this morning is getting to you too eh?

No, being whinged at by a moron who can barely contruct a sentence let alone a constructive argument is getting to me. Or maybe I'm just taking it out on little johnnyc because I find myself reading more and more posts from morons who learned how to type on a Nokia. LEARN ENGLISH MORONS! THE SHIFT KEY IS YOUR FRIEND! 2 DOES NOT = TO/TOO

Ok, maybe having to wait till noon to complete level 42 is a small factor.

If you have nothing constructive to say amp then don't say anything you muppet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

80% of after hours threads could be moved to different sections
    The problem is that 80% should be in other sections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

johnnyc wrote:
    i find the mods to be the most Intolerant type of people
    I don't, not as a generalisation. I myself though am deeply intolerant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

amp test

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement