Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What game gave you the most pride/satisfaction when completing it??

Options
  • 13-06-2005 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, after completing a game that took you weeks or months to complete. How did it make you feel and what games were they?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Link's Awakening. That game was my Everest.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Goldeneye. I just loved that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

got a nice feeling of satisfaction after conquering the whole map in Rome - Total War on the hardest difficultly as the Gauls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Zelda OOT final stab threw gamepad on floor(broke it ) but sat back and smiled :)

GTASA half way tru last mission copped it was the last mission broke my heart :(

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Probably beating Metroid Prime 2, it was at the end of a 7 hour session (playing through from just after Quadraxis to the end), and my hands were starting to really cramp up on the controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Mega Man 4 on the gameboy because it was tough and took me so long to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Command and Conquer, first strategy game i ever played, first pc game too, loved it, LANS were fun too. Or finishing Halo on Legendary for the first time, the satisfaction when you leaped outta the warthog at the end and made the run for the ship, then the secret vidoe at the end with sarge and the elite hugging. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

hmmm probably the original legend of zelda on the nes cause it was rock hard and i was like 7 when i finished it. :D

its weird. no matter what game it is, when i get towards the end i tend to stop playin it. i did it in zelda OoT after you beat ganondorf and i got scared off by ganon(i really didnt want this game to end tbh). i also did it in metroid prime. i beat meta ridley and didnt see the save point afterwards and fought prime with shag all health then i didtn go back for about 3 weeks./

id say when i get around to finishing final fanasy 7 it will be up there. ive already played a ridiculous length/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I'd say finishing Quake3 on nightmare when I was 12, god was I happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

final fantasy 8, i kept on haveing to restart the thing for various reasons like one time i just got on to the final boss and my playstation got robbed with my memory card inside so when i finally finished it last year i just broke down and cryed sweet tears of joy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Myth on the C64 was one that made me very happy when I finally managed to complete it. Very hard game.

RPGs usually give the greatest satisfaction on completion.

Skies of Arcadia was a good one... but there was alot of relief in there too as there aren't any save points anywhere near the end of the game.. so getting killed by the final boss would mean alot of backtracking.

Grandia 2 on the Dreamcast was another good one... as it took absolutely ages to complete.

Oh... and of course Chronotrigger... that's probably one of my favourite games of all time... and finally defeating Lavos at the end was immensely satisfying.

Another that I would have to add to the list is Loom on the Amiga.. there was just something so sad and touching about the ending that I've never quite felt in any other game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

In online games the ability to trash talk your victims is very satisfying.

Ceasar3 is very satisying when a city is just right .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Possibly ICO. Mmm, watermellon.

Broken Sword too.

And also Super Mario Lost Levels on the SNES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Sonic 2 as it was the first game i cleared.

Others include Links awakening, Viewtiful Joe, NiGHTS, Starcraft and Halflife.

finishing Alpha Centauri for the first time was also a bit of and experiance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ghouls n' Ghosts with just one credit on hard mode. Unbelievably tough game.

Also Megaman 2 gave me a lot of satisfaction. Hard as nails as well.

Beating Zelda Oracle of Seasons and Ages. Both those games were long enough on their own.

However it's probably RPG's that give the most satisfaction.

I remember Shining Force 2 taking forever to beat and it was great beating it.

Suikoden 2 was almost 70 hours long for me but the ending was well worth it.

Final Fantasy VII was just amazing from start to finish. I never wanted it to end.

The top one for me was Final Fantasy Tactics (the playstation game not the painfully average GBA game). It was probably the hardest game I've ever played and required a lot of levelling up. Some stages had me stuck for weeks and others were just silly tough (I needed a walkthrough for the fight with the 3 ninjas on the roof. It's impossible without one). The ending was fantastic as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Have a few games that i felt that happy happy joy joy feeling when i finished.

FF7, Zelda OOT, and metal gear solid 1 for the first time.

If i ever manage to clear R-type delta, i'll probably wet myself.
    Damn level 6.

Best feeling was when i cleared max payne 1 in new york minute mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Monkey Island 2 (PC) - favourite adventure of all time.
    Ultima Underworld (PC) - Played on a 386, and loved every minute of it.
    Zelda LTTP (SNES) - Played it as often as possible, and the only game I've finished 5 times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ishmael wrote:
    If i ever manage to clear R-type delta, i'll probably wet myself.
    Damn level 6.

It's one of the easier shmups I played. If you want any respect from me beat the original and its sequel. Only got to the last stage of both those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

The orginal COD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

:eek: :eek: Heh, I thought i was doing well to get that far....Ah well, more hours of swearing at that stupid little ball and throwing game controllers around so.
    :mad: :mad: :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 benkenobi

residental evil 3 on the ps2 including all the extra mercinaires games
    and star wars knights of the old republic as the dark side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

It's gotta be Halflife 1. The game took me and my friend about a year to complete in all because we kept getting stuck at places and just couldnt get passed them. It was so cool though when we finished. Best feeling ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Ocarina of Time and Far Cry.

great games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

FF7 or MGS1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Ocarina of Time, Link to the past, Goldeneye(with everything completed) and Super Mario World.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

First Game ELITE (IBM XT - Green Screen _ Hercules Graphics Card ). Can you remember the Blue Danube being played as you docked the ship!!! Great

Zelda OOT
    Resident Evil 4
    Eternal Darkness
    MGS (1)
    HALO
    ICO - how could I forget ICO
    Medal Of Honor (1) (PS2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Monkey Island on the Amiga. One of my favourite games of all time, I loved it, and some of the puzzles would wreck my head for a couple of days at a time. I just loved the whole game, and when I finished it, there was a message saying "Congratulations... now turn off the computer and go to bed.". The funny thing was, I was up really late that night playing it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

ff7 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Ff8 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Crucifix wrote:
    Link's Awakening. That game was my Everest.

Actually, Links Awakening too. It was very long!

Advertisement