Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What game gave you the most pride/satisfaction when completing it??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

FF7 (such a good game but i could never get the knights of the round summon) & 10 (having to beat a super tough version of anima[best summon ever!] was painful)

MGS 2 getting every single bloody dogtag on all difficulties (i had nothing else to play :D )

doom 1 & 2

vice city-my favourite of all the gta's finished the storyline 3 times max i got was about 79% complete

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Maybe Shadowrun on the SNES.

or maybe clearing Expert on Minesweeper for the first time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Final Fantasy 7... I sat for 20mins after thinking "what the hell am I gonna do now?!"

Oh and my Civ2 game as the Russians, was beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

On the console, GTA III. I played it many moons ago on the PS2 and couldn't get past a handful of missions, so I stopped playing. Then I got it last year on the XBox, and dutifully finished it. Still haven't found all the hidden packages, though :)

On the PC, I was really happy when I finished Day of the Tentacle many years ago. I finished it again about a week ago, and I still remember the sheer joy I got when I figured out how to complete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Wolfenstein 3D - Took me quite a while.

Commander Keen 4 - Annoying, but one of the few platform games I enjoyed.

Doom 1 & 2 - The boss's were hard. Esp the end of Doom2.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Some of the boss's took a few retry's to kill (the end boss, and the "uber soldier").

GTA3 - Once I finished it, MTA was a doodle, as I knew in my mind, where to go, hardly needing to look at the map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

GTA3 because it was the original 3d gta. very good game, frustrating at times, but good. also, mgs2/3... such rewarding games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

outrun on the c64 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I will be quite happy IF I ever finish FFX. I was pretty proud of getting all 96 or so exits in Yoshi's Island 9 or so years after I got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

96 exits? Do you mean Super Mario World? Yoshi's Island was the sequel. And both were bloody satisfying to eventually pwn to bits. GoldenEye too, definetely.

Diddy Kong Racing and Blast Corps might also spring to mind, if I had ever managed to compeltely finish either. Perhaps one day, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

96 exits? Do you mean Super Mario World? Yoshi's Island was the sequel. And both were bloody satisfying to eventually pwn to bits. GoldenEye too, definetely.

Diddy Kong Racing and Blast Corps might also spring to mind, if I had ever managed to compeltely finish either. Perhaps one day, eh?

I probably am mixing them up now that you mention it, either way I was quite happy when i completed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

R-Type 3 extra game mode
    It kicked my ass for so very long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭odie

Call of Duty - I am a WW2 nut, and this was as good as it gets so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

zelda oot that took me ages... but it was well worth it what a game

and also resident evil remake

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Sega Worldwide Soccer '97, on the Sega Saturn! Great game at the time, and the very lengthy finale was worth it. I really hate games that don't offer a big finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

FFVII, Zelda A Link to The Past and Zelda Ocarina of Time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Mario 64 with all 120 stars in a short enough space of time.
    Goldeneye, on all difficultys, beat each levels speed setting to earn the cheats too. (That took a fairly long time)
    Each game on Mario All-Stars in the space of a couple of weeks when I was nine!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Kernel wrote:
    Monkey Island on the Amiga.

Monkey Island, on PC.

I’ve actually been thinking about this question since I first saw this thread a few days ago… Monkey Island was the first game to pop into my head, and then I came around to think (point and click) adventure games have been more satisfying overall… although I think it could be heavily story-based games, as Star Wars: KOTOR is one of my more recently finished most satisfying games (err belatedly finished).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

TmB wrote:
    Ultima Underworld (PC) - Played on a 386, and loved every minute of it.

Heh the first game I ever played and I played it religiously till it was finished. What made it even sweeter was finishing it before my dad and brother who were also playing it :).

Ah good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

monument wrote:
    Monkey Island, on PC.

I’ve actually been thinking about this question since I first saw this thread a few days ago… Monkey Island was the first game to pop into my head, and then I came around to think (point and click) adventure games have been more satisfying overall… although I think it could be heavily story-based games, as Star Wars: KOTOR is one of my more recently finished most satisfying games (err belatedly finished).

indiana jones and the search for atlantis (correct title?) that was a really good game, and i was soo close to finishing it soo many years ago, but like so many games i have i just kinda gave up on it :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

madrab wrote:
    indiana jones and the search for atlantis (correct title?) that was a really good game, and i was soo close to finishing it soo many years ago, but like so many games i have i just kinda gave up on it :-(
    It was The Fate of Atlantis.

I played it on the Amiga with it's 11 floppy discs... so completing it was something of a chore with all that disc swapping. But the last sections in Atlantis are just so good. That very last bit of the game was pretty annoying though, were you had to get the conversation just right or else you got turned into a monster.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ico was a great pleasure to finish, and at the same time terrible to see at an end, especially given the length of time its taken for the sequel.
    Super Mario World was great to complete,
    Really enjoyed completing Descent on the PS1, a tough game but so good, all that rushing out of the mazes before the reactors blew, great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Planescape: Torment.

A hugely satisfying game to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Sarky wrote:
    Planescape: Torment.

A hugely satisfying game to finish.

Morte - "Women were the reason I became a monk...and the reason I switched back..."

:)

Advertisement