Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slayer!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

Ancient1 wrote:

That's "official". Most of the other rules are either improvised or unwritten.

the rules change depending on the venue,type of crowd, the age of the crowd, and the promoters wishes and the bands wishes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

That's true.

Too many rules either way, if you ask me. ;)

Ancient1 wrote:
    That's true.

Too many rules either way, if you ask me. ;)
    true, its weird working for the other side now. you really got to see it from our point of view. 'cause i never really thought about it much when i was going to gigs,the security were always feckers out to ruin our fun....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I just find it weird that someone in security (responsible for my saftey) like Son_of_Belial is younger then me

and he is a student to boot :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

sickle wrote:
    well you generally dont want a bunch of kids at gig that cant handle themselves. plus there is a full bar,which they dont check id at,so the real worry is getting parents complaining if anything goes wrong and then we are to blame really.
    That is fair enough but I'm 17 my mate was 16. no ID checked at all. 20year old mate. ID'd!

• Advertisement

That is fair enough but I'm 17 my mate was 16. no ID checked at all. 20year old mate. ID'd!
    you are lucky. you must be big n scary ;)
    alot of underage people were refused.

sickle wrote:
    true, its weird working for the other side now. you really got to see it from our point of view. 'cause i never really thought about it much when i was going to gigs,the security were always feckers out to ruin our fun....

I do understand what your job is - what i dont understand is why there always has to be a handful of illiterate, aggressive, peasants on steroids out to pester gig-goers.
    I mean there's security everywhere you go, it's now a fact of life we all got used to. What tarnishes your reputation is the fact that there is always at least one who's looking for trouble.

Ancient1 wrote:
    I do understand what your job is - what i dont understand is why there always has to be a handful of illiterate, aggressive, peasants on steroids out to pester gig-goers.
    I mean there's security everywhere you go, it's now a fact of life we all got used to. What tarnishes your reputation is the fact that there is always at least one who's looking for trouble.
    ah now to be honest we dont look for trouble it finds us. but i agree,some of the guys are short tempered. but if you had to deal with drunken idiots in your face all night you might be too

sickle wrote:
    ah now to be honest we dont look for trouble it finds us. but i agree,some of the guys are short tempered. but if you had to deal with drunken idiots in your face all night you might be too

and likewise not all the crowd are drunken idiots

there is always a few bad apples in either group that give both sides a bad name - c'est la vie

Well, it's a gig venue where alcohol is served and where live music is played. People like to have a couple of beers, listen to good music, jump, dance, move whatever....

If some security staff have a problem with drunk people in an establishment where alcohol is served then they shouldn't be doing that job in the first place, IMO. Why hate your job - just move on.

As for the short temper - shouldn't you guys have some sort of personality assessment at the recruitment stage?

• Advertisement

Ancient1 wrote:
    Well, it's a gig venue where alcohol is served and where live music is played. People like to have a couple of beers, listen to good music, jump, dance, move whatever....

If some security staff have a problem with drunk people in an establishment where alcohol is served then they shouldn't be doing that job in the first place, IMO. Why hate your job - just move on.

As for the short temper - shouldn't you guys have some sort of personality assessment at the recruitment stage?

Sample Assessment
    Q1. A lost child approaches you at a venue. Which do you do?
    a) Apply choke-hold, while punching kidneys b) Radio the lads to get the "room" ready and drag them off there or c) Throw them out of the venue

Q2. A drunken ticket holder approaches you at a venue. Which do you do?
    a) Apply choke-hold, while punching kidneys b) Radio the lads to get the "room" ready and drag them off there or c) Throw them out of the venue

Q3. A band member playing at the venue approaches you. Which do you do?

LOL ()and if start getting all sensitive by this post, then the rod up your ass must have a rod up its ass

That assessment is not very fair, Ph3n0m, you're using big words! :D

*off to put on flame-retardant suit* :p

Ph3n0m wrote:
    and likewise not all the crowd are drunken idiots

there is always a few bad apples in either group that give both sides a bad name - c'est la vie
    couldn't agree more

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Sample Assessment

LOL ()and if start getting all sensitive by this post, then the rod up your ass must have a rod up its ass

can't be sensitive about these things,its the image security has.
    gotta love the choke hold...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Beekay wrote:
    Did he end up gettin' thrown out or anything?
    Nope: he was there till the end. He only got his shoes back, when the place was more or less empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

the_syco wrote:
    Nope: he was there till the end. He only got his shoes back, when the place was more or less empty.

LOL, lost a feckin shoe at Metallica last year. The look on the cab driver that brought me home was classic.

Worked out alright though as I managed to talk a female security gaurd into letting me into the seated area for the rest of the gig! Not very metal, but better than breaking my foot!

You know the drill - die with your boots on! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

lets stop allt his fussin and a feudin and get down to the lvin..the slayer lovin that is!!! Man what a gig..seriously one of the best ive ever seen. did anyone get any proper photos? ie not on a camera phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

This is quite a funny thread.

To be honest - I thought that blonde guy in the pit was pretty cool - he was fairly calm and he did a good job of throwing out the complete nutters! There were a lot of fruitcakes there who seemed to genuinely believe that moshing with your elbows up to your neck is "fun". If I did that - people would die!

You can't really crowd surf at a gig like that - its not so much crowd surfing and hurling someone over the barrier. I was crowd surfing at Queens of the Stone Age on sunday in Germany - and I was up for well over a minute - it was absolutely fantastic - you could actually steer yourself above the crowd. That said, some fool tried to crowd surf to Die Artze and came down pretty hard - so its a pretty dangerous past time if you're a fat bastard!

Seemed like Monday was a good choice of day anyway - it was a damn good gig!

Deadwing wrote:
    did anyone get any proper photos? ie not on a camera phone?
    Whats proper? Brought in a disposable. Will post up the pics later.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

probably would have been nice to see this lot in a small venue again. but the last few times i saw them was at festivals and they were just going tru the motions tbh, not a patch on their classic era gigs.

the_syco wrote:
    I'm in two of those pics!

i look like a complete freak in one though

can people find me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I'm in two of those pics!

i look like a complete freak in one though

can people find me?

on the left in the first one in the slayer section

can't find you anywhere else
    :)

last one in Slayer too.

My god though that picture is not a fair represantation fo me at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

heh, i'm in a few of em too. nice pics

skregs wrote:
    nice pics
    Thanks :) Gonna try to bring more camera's next time, tho. Missed a few good ones later on in the gig :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

nice pics

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

sickle wrote:
    Yeah like RedRaven.... :mad:

• Advertisement

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Sample Assessment

Option B all the way ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

how about option d) the torch the torch!!!!!!!

That wasn't listed as an option... Although it's good for temporarily blinding them; narrow the beam a bit and shine it in their eyes. Works a charm ;)

i prefer the more expensive multiple high power laser method :)

That wasn't listed as an option... Although it's good for temporarily blinding them; narrow the beam a bit and shine it in their eyes. Works a charm ;)
    you dont have a torch...
    how did ur date go? was it with the crazy girl from last night?

Yeah, I saw that Bond movie too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Did anything happen about the stabbing?
    Does anyone know if Slayer were hanging around for a few days after the gig because their next one wasn't until the 17th of june?

sickle wrote:
    you dont have a torch...
    how did ur date go? was it with the crazy girl from last night?
    I know I don't, but I saw it done a few times. It went OK, and no it was not! It was some random girl I scored about 3 months ago and we were texting every now and then. She's nice. We ended up sitting in The Duke talking sh1te for about 4 hours but she's more mate potential than anything else. I maybe should have kissed her at some point but... M'eh. We'll see.

oh that damn maybe sigh,damn bane are girls ;)

lucky you....and if you sat in a pub for 4 hours and didnt kiss her....tut tut

sickle wrote:
    lucky you....and if you sat in a pub for 4 hours and didnt kiss her....tut tut
    Lol. I just didn't feel like it.

• Advertisement

ah but you do now

Anyway, I'm single as of Friday! Why on earth would I want to even hint at the possibility, the slightest whiff of the dreaded "C" word. The one that starts with C and ends with a T. How many letters? ;)

sickle wrote:
    ah but you do now
    Actually I don't. OK, maybe a little but I draw your attention to my last post....

i hope it has 10 but there are other posibilities :)

carrot?

i hope it has 10 but there are other posibilities :)
    LMAO, good man! I'm so relieved that there are people just as depraved as me. Yay!

sickle wrote:
    carrot?
    try again.

i dont want to try again...its baaaad and i dont want to spell it out here

sickle wrote:
    i dont want to try again...its baaaad and i dont want to spell it out here
    Yeah, I hate the word too. I'll spell it out though **shudders** "commitment."
    That was of course what you were going to spell out, right?! :D

sickle wrote:
    carrot?
    LOL^^

seems im depraved...or getting used to the world ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement