Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESAT Business Broadband help....

• 14-06-2005 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi all,
    Right, straight to the point.
    I have Esat(BT Ireland) business broadband, i've not it for about 2 years now or so and up until now i've been perfectly happy, but i really hope someone can help me with my problem.

I was given an Ericsson modem when i signed up, from what i know, it's what they give to the buisness users. The modem had 2 ports, one goes to the wall socket and the other to the ethernet/RJ45 in the PC. Right here is my issue. I have this line set up at home so, i decided to set up my XBOX as well for LIVE access, so i bought a switch, and as soon as i put all the setting in, my PC threw up an IP conflict. The business line has a static IP. If i plug the XBOX straight into the modem, it's not problem, but i really want both to have a connection at the same time, and to be able to "talk" to each other!
    NOW i'm stumped, i've borrowed modems off friends (both USB and Ethernet based ones). I even tried teh zxyel modem supplied for home users, but it just doesn't work, i've put all the settings in I was given.

So here is what i want to do, and if any one could help me with this i would be forever in dept to you. I want to have my PC and XBOX online at the same time. I have a Static IP, so i've gotta put that IP into what ever is going out via the modem!! i have the IP, Default Gateway, and the Primary and secondary DNS. I do not have, and do not require a username and password.

PLEASE can someone help.
    I did see this, but i'm sure if it will help me at all??

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=121673&cks=SER

Thank you for all you help,

G.

Advertisement