Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did I mess up my geography?

Options
  • 14-06-2005 8:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

DId i mess up geofraphy yestersay?

for the section b on glaciers I talked about the extra water causing flooding and then fully explained levees and ox bow lakes

For the map i think i messed it all up
    for part a. i wrote abot the rail,road and canal just?

for the history of settlement i did neolithic,celtic and christian and got the dates for the christian ttally wrong,
    i also said that barrows are asssociated with the Neolithic, is that right?

and for the part c i discussed the settlement of dispersed,linear and nucleated???????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Hey it's over. Forget it and look to your next exams. NO POST MORTEMS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I did glaciation.

Described hanging valleys and waterfalls, u shaped valleys and cirques. Named examples and the types or erosion/deposition.
    For part B i talk about how the extra water will cause sea level to rise and submerging lots of land. Also when glaciers melt they drop their load, ie boulders etc, this creates more drumlins and boulder clay helps to fertilise the land.

History settlement was to talk about the castles and ringforts and graves( gravyard, standing stones) The question asked for historic "settlement" being the key word. Castles and ringforts should have been your main focus also talking about churches. Contrare to popular thought times are not relevant.

Part see wa nucleated and linear or dispersed. There was lots of linear (settlement on roads) and nucleated in the north (estates)

All in all an easy paper. I know wasters who are going to get a good grade in that peper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭|Maestro|

I did glaciation.

Described hanging valleys and waterfalls, u shaped valleys and cirques. Named examples and the types or erosion/deposition.
    For part B i talk about how the extra water will cause sea level to rise and submerging lots of land. Also when glaciers melt they drop their load, ie boulders etc, this creates more drumlins and boulder clay helps to fertilise the land.

History settlement was to talk about the castles and ringforts and graves( gravyard, standing stones) The question asked for historic "settlement" being the key word. Castles and ringforts should have been your main focus also talking about churches. Contrare to popular thought times are not relevant.

Part see wa nucleated and linear or dispersed. There was lots of linear (settlement on roads) and nucleated in the north (estates)

All in all an easy paper. I know wasters who are going to get a good grade in that peper.

was my part b on glaciers anyway right?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I don't do Geography, so I have no idea. But I do know that sometimes it's better just to put the paper behind you and concentrate on doing as well as you can in whatever ones you've got left - you can't do anything about it now, so forget it until 17th August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

I made a mess of it too.

By the way, did neolithic people make ring forts or was that only the celts? Haha.

• Advertisement

<Jonny> wrote:
    I made a mess of it too.

By the way, did neolithic people make ring forts or was that only the celts? Haha.

did i make a mess of it then? i still dont know

only celts made ringforts,

what are barrows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

I'm not sure. I didn't do the glaciers question.

I did the same as you for the history of transport.

And I had the same concerns about the map question. I too was not sure what period barrows are from. I misused ringforts instead. The periods I described were Neolithic, Celtic and Early Christian. I didn't mention a date for the early christian one, I just rambled on about the features.

<Jonny> wrote:
    I'm not sure. I didn't do the glaciers question.

I did the same as you for the history of transport.

And I had the same concerns about the map question. I too was not sure what period barrows are from. I misused ringforts instead. The periods I described were Neolithic, Celtic and Early Christian. I didn't mention a date for the early christian one, I just rambled on about the features.

does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

I need clarification on the photo part b

Traffic management is likely to be a priority for ...
    discuss validity of this statement

I talked about how they alleviate the traffic congestion - yellow lines, roundabouts, etc...

BUT i've heard that this is wrong. The answer is why traffic builds up i,e narrow streets, one bridging point.

Which answer is correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shinny-dee

|Maestro| wrote:
    DId i mess up geofraphy yestersay?

for the section b on glaciers I talked about the extra water causing flooding and then fully explained levees and ox bow lakes

sorry but there river features i think i t was about boulder clay drumlins erratics etc cos they all shape irish landscape maybe fijords too but i think dats scandinavia.....u mite get attempt marks dont worry though its over. relax n get hammered!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement