Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Van Persie has been arrested

• 14-06-2005 10:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,386 ✭✭✭✭

Robin van Persie has ben arrested in holland on rape charges. Sky Sports are running the story.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

im always very wary of stories like this. feel sorry for footballers as this type of thing pops up regularly. its very easy for a female to turn around and cry rape.

having said that if he is guilty he deserves what he gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

Possibly Footballers should learn from this kind of thing and keep themselves out of situations where they can be accused of rape. As most cases recently have shown to be fitup jobs I think we should presume innocence until otherwise proven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

And if he is found innocent they should come down on her like a tonne of bricks, and not just because he is a footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Van Persie Arrested For Rape
    Robin van Persie has been arrested in Holland over rape allegations, with a Dutch prosecutor announcing the Arsenal striker is a "suspect". And on what is already a very murky day for football, Liverpool's Steve Finnan has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving...

Davor Suker In Police Talks After Agent's Murder

Add to those two Finnan being arrested for causing death by dangerous driving... bad day for football.

Edit: Oops, its all there actually.

• Advertisement

And if he is found innocent they should come down on her like a tonne of bricks, and not just because he is a footballer.

yeah its a serious topic for men in general. a few guys i know were accused of it, in the one incident. it even made national news, it turned out to be a flase allegation, but they have it hanging over their head still, horrible thing to happen to anyone.

mr_angry wrote:
    Add to those two Finnan being arrested for causing death by dangerous driving... bad day for football.
    And apparently Davor Suker's agent was shot dead over the weekend.

And is Georgie Best up for something?

george best is accused of assaulting a 16 year old girl back a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

george best is accused of assaulting a 16 year old girl back a few months.

sadly its actually indecent assault of a child uner 13..

Nuttzz wrote:
    sadly its actually indecent assault of a child uner 13..

whoops sorry my mistake. define indecent assault. i.e. what actions does it cover and what are its consequences?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

indecent is of a sexual nature isnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

yeah indecent assault is stuff like groping or molesting etc.

Indecent assault is a form of sex crime in many jurisdictions. Indecent assault is defined by UK law as any unwanted sexual behaviour or touching which is forced upon people against their will.

http://www.answers.com/topic/indecent-assault

crikey.

thanks chucky.

besty may have gone a step too far this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Jesus, some **** going down today!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It's not a very pleasant experience reading the football headlines today.

The authorities better come down on the guilty parties (whoever they may be, footballers or accusers) like a ton of bricks.

// edit - Just thinking back to the Leicester and Newcastle cases which turned out to be nothing - did anything ever happen to the girls who alledged they were raped?

“Tomorrow, we will decide if we are going to hold him for longer, although strictly speaking we do have three days. The investigation is in full motion right now.

“He is now a suspect and, according to the findings of the investigation, if we want to hold him for longer than three days we have to ask a judge, and then he could be held for a further 14 days.”

Dutch media reported that the incident took place in a Rotterdam nightclub.

Van Persie has hired high profile Dutch lawyer Abraham Moszkowicz who said his client was innocent.

Mr Moszkowicz said: “I know the class of the young lady concerned – how, I can’t tell you – and I put large question marks around the truth content of her story.”

If convicted, the 21-year-old footballer could be jailed for as long as 12 years, although sentences are usually shorter than that.
    There are a lot of rumours floating around about this one so i'll leave it to what has been officially reported.

In a perfect world, that would be great. But its nearly impossible.

After the 2 weeks they can ask to extend it to 3 months without charging him aswell.

• Advertisement

Released today.

From a source in Holland:
    Tomorrow Robin's provisional custody was due to end; the public prosecutor would have to go to a 'police judge' to ask for extension; Robin's lawyer would have had the chance to present his evidence as well. Most likely the public prosecutor did not want this to happen.

The experts think if Robin could have been released today, he could have been released earlier. It seems like the public prosecutor wanted to put a lot of pressure on Robin by putting him in solitary confinament to make him confess to something he did not do. The public prosecutor, the lawyer I know spoke with, called today's unconditional relaese an 'unprecedented retreat' by the public prosecution. Looks like there never was and there never will be a case.
    It's looking good for RVP.

http://www.wldcup.com/news/2005Aug/20050825_31738_world_soccer.html
    The woman who accused Arsenal's Dutch star Robin van Persie of rape actually wanted to have sex with the "nice" footballer.

But what she didn't want was a foursome with two friends accompanying Van Persie -- a married man she described as "nice" -- De Telegraaf said quoting statements made by the woman to the police.

"I really would have wanted to sleep with him if it had all passed off peacefully," she is quoted as saying.

"But all three wanted sex with me, which wasn't really in my plans," she said Thursday.

She said she cried rape "so the police came quickly. At no moment did I think I was being raped."

She called the police from the Rotterdam hotel room the three men had taken her and was later discovered naked and dazed.

According to De Telegraaf, the woman changed her testimony to police: "I have some doubts about everything that has been said."
    Looks like Van Persie is in the clear. He's still an arsehole for cheating on his wife, but it's hardly surprising given his age and general lack of maturity. Hopefully he can grow up a bit and get on with things now. He'll probably get booed by some of the classier sections of the crowd like he was at Stamford Bridge though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Footballers, you're glad they're not in charge of anything important.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Hope she gets charged for lieing but that doesnt seem to be the done thing for some reasion :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

kaids wrote:
    He's still an arsehole for cheating on his wife
    How old is Van Persie again :eek:

Advertisement