Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology - Leaf yeast experiment

Options
  • 14-06-2005 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

why is yeast produced in this experiment?
    is the purpose of the yeast just to stick leaves to top?
    why do you have to turn it upside down?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭rosa

I don't think yeast is actually produced, I think its in leaves to begin with. dunno what the actua purpose of it is though. Turning it upside down allows the yeast spores to drop in to the agar or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭|Maestro|

rosa wrote:
    I don't think yeast is actually produced, I think its in leaves to begin with. dunno what the actua purpose of it is though. Turning it upside down allows the yeast spores to drop in to the agar or something.

oh right, yeah so they are given the medium and conditions to grow,

sorry another question they always ask this, where is the coronary artery connected to the heart

is it the back of the left ventricle?? or right ventricle

[edit] actiually is it the right atrium?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭rosa

Not sure about where it connects but it emerges from the aorta, near the semi lunar valves. Thats according to the official answer book to the Foelens papers anyway, can't find it in my book.

Advertisement