Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6100 and Name display

Options
  • 14-06-2005 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

I have a Nokia 6100 that refuses to display the name for one person when I get a text from her. It just displays the beginning of the message. All other names are shown properly. Her name is saved correctly and the number is in the +35387 format which works correctly with other names. Any ideas on how I can fix it????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Are you sure you haven't got the number saved twice? As in, the same number is saved under a different name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

Is the number entered twice?? When a number is entered twice in two seperate phone book entries this is what will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭bigfeller

Nope, number is in only once. I have tried deleting her name and readding but no joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

number must be there twice somewhere, either in the sim and phone, or else saved twice with different prefix
    .....as example: 087-1234567 and 086-1234567

D'oh, showing my stupidity there, number was saved with the number as the name. Sorted. Cheers all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Ha ha ha
    Fair play to you
    There's not too many would even come back and own up to it :D

Yeah, I love announcing my stupidness all over the internet.

Now, where did I leave those scissors. I feel like a jog....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

coghlac3 wrote:
    Is the number entered twice?? When a number is entered twice in two seperate phone book entries this is what will happen

excellent coghlac3, I didn't ask the question but you've solved a mystery hat my nokia had.

Advertisement