Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MASSIVE outsider...

• 14-06-2005 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

Ok when I say massive....I mean 100-1 massive...

Trans Sonic in the 2.30 at York...I really think this horse could sneak into a place. He's an out and out dark horse that, if he popped into a place, in hindsight, you could say that a case could've been made for him...well here we are, making the case for him before the racing begins....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

Sorry Fade2Black, I hear you saying that you are going to make a case for the horse but you dont. I think there are plenty worse 100/1 shots on the go.

The two outsiders that interest me today are Rocadmadour at 25/1 - was 33s earlier, and has proven himself in good form in group 1s - stays further than the distance and in a race where there are plenty of ifs and buts, he could well run on for a place.

Prince Kirk as well has been cut from a best price 33s into 25s and has group 1 winning form to his name, and in another race where there are ifs and buts about the principals could run into a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Fair enough....

The Goodwood maiden in which he finished second is decent enough form with a pretty good time and it wouldn't be too unreasonable to expect further improvement. I personally don't think he'd need much improvement to make a place in a race that is the kind of contest to throw up a big trifecta. It's one for very small stakes but I'm just saying that it wouldn't be a great surprise if he got into the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Don't think I'd be too keen on him either, but in this type of race with so many unexperienced horses you never know.

In the same race I quite like League Champion at 12/1. He won his only race to date which has worked out very well with the 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 6th all winning next time out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Mac Love @ 40/1 in the 4.20?

Finished 5L behind Rakti at Newbury, ground suits today, maybe a squeak for a place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Who's the pick in the 2:30? I was thinking of Ba Foxtrot or Marcus Andronicus, can't decide. Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Very tough race to decide!!! Alot of unbeaten colts....6 to exact!

Ba Foxtrot, To Sender and Red Clubs look most promising (2 places i would think of the three)

Aidan O'Brien's Marcus Andronicus also in with a shout too

To Sender would be my bet but too close to call.....

1st 10 Red Clubs (IRE) 11-2
    2nd 9 Pacific Pride 66-1
    3rd 1 Amadeus Wolf 9-1

Had foxtrot myself, dissapointing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Unlucky with Trans Sonic Fade, he was only just touched off for third according to the commentry that I was listening to.

Shamardal a must for next.....

Dubawi NR

• Advertisement

Oratorio ew for me

Advertisement