Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Snes Games

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Also.. did they do a conversion of Rock n' Roll Racing for the GBA?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think they did. SNES version however is the definitive version thanks the the gorgeous Sony sound chip in the SNES.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Jesus there are loads more here mentioned that I had forgot about. Super Turrican. Class. Super Tennis. Yes please. Actually there was a great shooter UN Squadron. Very good omo. And tough as nails.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Desert Strike????
    Was that the one with the black hawk in Iraq?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Today I'm gonna say STARWING.

The first (and so far best) 3-d interpretation of a shump, this game was class.

It was the first and last time I ever got worked up about polygons! THE SHIP WAS IN THREE-D!!! I think I had a cheshire cat grin for the whole first time I played through it:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

BizzyC wrote:
    Desert Strike????
    Was that the one with the black hawk in Iraq?
    AH-64 Apache... great game too tho, a rare slice of innovation from EA

Another great game (but largely unknown, I think) was Shadowrun, a futuristic RPG, where you played as a guy who was trying to figure out his memories.

Great game..also, Donkey Kong Country was class!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Retr0gamer wrote:
    You should just try emulation.

Can you get Rock and Roll Racing Snes emulators? interesting. ill get on that case.

also, does anyone know what the hidden surprise was in Super Tennis when you completed the season and won the grand slam? i never managed it myself, being 13 and crap at the French Open.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Get yourself Zsnes, the best SNES emulator. Can't tell you where to get the rom. It's against charter regulations.

no worries mate, I just looked it up there a minute ago and found out that my cousin has a copy and i can download it from his personal webspace later. ;)

ill check out zSnes so. listen cheers for the reminder retrogamer, i could be up all nite playing this if its as good as I remember.

although, Halo 2 Live might drag me away to snipe.

• Advertisement

got it, and its whopper. i love this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Doom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Earthbound and Yoshi's Island were my favourite snes games, playing through both of them recently actually. Yoshi's island is still one of my favourite games and I still get a chuckle out of running into those big fluffy white things.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Loved Batman Returns, Super Metroid and Super Mario World. But the best was Sim City, probably the most enjoyable version of the franchise yet! Especially when Bowser tries to stomp the city, good days!

Yoshi's island is still one of my favourite games and I still get a chuckle out of running into those big fluffy white things.

Kind of weird seeing yoshi get stoned.

Advertisement